i keep getting told to unlock my ebook ...but it is a library book from overdriv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rday1959

Default i keep getting told to unlock my ebook ...but it is a library book from overdriv

I downloaded an ebook from overdrive with a 3 week loan . It opens fine under the adobe digital reader . But after transfering to my nook and trying to read it it keeps telling me to UNLOCK YOUR EBOOK please enter your name and the credit card you used to purchase the book . I didn;t purchase the book . I called the help line for Barnes and Noble and the people there were completely clueless . Any ideas ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: i keep getting told to unlock my ebook ...but it is a library book from overdriv

Did you register your device? I can't remember what all I registered in Adobe Digital Editions vs. Overdrive vs. Mobipocket, but I remember having to enter a device or app ID on at least one of them.

rday1959

Default Re: i keep getting told to unlock my ebook ...but it is a library book from overdriv

yes i registered the device ( nook) But that didn't solve the problem

Mowgli

If you are using Adobe Reader you are using the wrong program. You need Adobe Digital Editions. Register your nook to ADE, open the book in ADE and drag the book to the nook icon in the left hand panel of ADE.

rday1959

No I am using adobe digital editions .

Puck

Have you registered your Nook with the BN store yet?

I couldn't download/open any free books until I registered with BN.
    (Of course, I don't see why you *should* have to for library books, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's causing your problem.)

Your registration email address must be the same as your email you registered the nook with at B&N. That should fix your problem.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

rday1959

Nope . It is the same .

rday1959

Would it matter if the email address I used for Adobe was different from that of the Barnes and Noble account . I wouldn't think so .

Generally speaking, no, the email address can be different. But you might want to make the passwords the same. I remember reading something from the Adobe knowledgebase about making the passwords the same to help solve problems like this.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin