N2E / Nook ST software update

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default N2E / Nook ST software update

It appears to be minor.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...20982#U1120982

Really hope they address the other concerns soon. I'd just like the **** thing to hold my place in a book when I leave it to look at something else. Half the time my bookmarks disappear temporarily, and I have to flip to the settings screen and access the book from there, and *then* go to my bookmarks list, and only then will they appear correctly. It's ridiculous. Maybe I'm just spoiled, since I didn't get my original nook until well after the major bugs had been worked out. But I'd have rather waited for a new device release than get a half-assed version and have to cross my fingers that it'll eventually become the reader I paid for.

And sadly, I don't think there's any taking it back - Somehow I doubt they'll refund the money outright, and I already gave my old nook to DH.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: N2E / Nook ST software update

I hear ya. Seems like a lot of companies release stuff too soon, before the bugs are worked out. That's why I tend to sit back and wait, see what people think before I buy. I figure if I have a working device, there is no need to rush into something new just because it is new.

Mr. Darcy

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting to buy one for my mom. I think it has the potential to be a great reader, but there are some big things that I want added before I can recommend it. The biggest (for me anyway), is getting the time back on the screen (without having the touch the center first). There are other things that don't affect the day-to-day reading but are necessary (like being able to go to the farthest read point).

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I seem to have some new problems with this update... I don't really know if it was there on the previous version since I barely had it before this update rolled out.

So when I am on the home page and I click on the book I'm currently reading, it sends me to page 1 instead of the page number it says I'm currently on. The way to go to my current page is to touch the book icon to the top left. That works fine.

Also when there is a word that is at the edge of a page, and is continued onto the next line with a "-" I can't select it to look it up in the dictionary. Anyone know how to get this working?

Tom Sawyer

I had that problem before the update, Lokesh (still have it now). Depending on where I access the book I'm reading, it opens up on different pages. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, eh?

Mr. Darcy

Yep! Is there somewhere we can report bugs to B&N??

Mr. Darcy

One more bug (I think its a bug) I found is that when you swap the back front buttons, they still work opposite in the store when you use the buttons to go forward and backwards through the ads at the bottom. Anyone else have this?

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh
    One more bug (I think its a bug) I found is that when you swap the back front buttons, they still work opposite in the store when you use the buttons to go forward and backwards through the ads at the bottom. Anyone else have this?
    I think when you switch the buttons it's just for the "reader" app, not for the store or anything else (not that there is anything else other than the store and the reader).

Tom Sawyer

Mmm... I was going to get the NST but after reading this am glad I held back. I will stay with my rooted NC for now. I hope they get the bugs worked out as I want an outside daylight reader also.
    Author of 'It Waits' (free), 'Dragons Fire and the Brave Little Prince' (.99), 'Rashnar' (free), 'Krae' (.99)
    http://robertyelverton.info
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RMY
    http://www.feedbooks.com/user/127425/profile

d'Artagnan

You can report bugs to BN on their facebook page or by going to the website and finding one of the blogs that talks about the issue you are having. Or you can email the people who handle either of those sites; Jeremy or Zoe are two names I know of who handle issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast