Can't find the books downloaded from library; help please!!

+ Reply to Thread
    jp
    Oliver

Default Can't find the books downloaded from library; help please!!

I have downloaded a book from my local library. It opened in my computer under adobe (the ebook version). I connected the nook to my computer with its USB port and the computer found it. I proceed it to drag and drop it in the "my documents" files in the nook as the lady at BN instructed me. As I look in the nook file "my documents" through my computer, I see the book there. But when I disconnect the nook and look into the same file at the nook, the book is NOT there. Where is it?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Desperate reader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Astrid

Default Re: Can't find the books downloaded from library; help please!!

I just downloaded my first library book this morning and had the same problem when I tried dragging and dropping the book into my nook. I had to open adobe digital editions. If you go to bookshelves (top left corner) you should see your library book and your nook. Your library book should be in the right side of the screen. Drag and drop it into your nook. I hope this helps.

dinkynaround

with the NOOK NOT PLUGGED IN TO THE USB port........ check out and download the book from the library ,it will be down loaded into your computer ADE file, NOW CONNECT the Nook to the USB port using the white cord ,it needs to be plugged in, to access the ADE site on your computer, find it either on desktop Or in "my documents"....it should say Nook on the bottom left side of that black AED screen...then select, left click&hold down, drag the book to the Nook icon on the left side of the black ADE screen, and drop.........also, if you notice on the top left "library" a screen drops down and it says "authorize computer" then click finish....(((I don't don't know if that actually does anything, but I click it for each book))))....... after downloading the book into the Nook, safely disconnect your white USB cord using the tool bar at the bottom (USB plug symbol) or going into mycomputer, clicking on Nook and "eject", prevents damage to your computer or your Nook

jp
    Oliver

Thank you. It worked...ALMOST.

I am getting a "User not activated." message on my nook's screen (with the option to OK in the touchscreen).

Any ideas?

Thank you again

jp
    Oliver

Got it working. Deleted the cookies from the computer. Deactivated the computer from Adobe Digital Ed. and re-started. Worked.

Thank you.