Nook losing market??

+ Reply to Thread
    Oliver

Default Nook losing market??

I LOVE my nook.. I have an HD.. I think it is the MOST fantastic ebook reader around.. I wouldn't own a kindle if you paid me to.. BUT.. I absolutely cannot believe the incredible lameness and complete incompetence B&N has online in terms of the sci-fi selection.. I read 4 books a week.. I'm 60 and I don't need glasses.. but that has to be the absolutely worse selection of book recommendations i've ever seen.. looks like payola for bad music.. just old, bad authors everywhere.. No where is anyone interesting offered.. Whoever is in charge of that section needs to be FIRED and someone who loves that genre be put in charge.. One of the top booksellers in the u.s. borderlands-books.com has a newsletter showing the top authors.. there are many other places to choose good titles and competent authors.. not the tired re-treads that keep getting offered..

the other bone is greed.. why is a paper back book $9.99 and the e-book $14.99??? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pass...=9780345504975 ???

This is just wrong and greed based.. i'll buy the paper back w/ my member discount rather than dump $15.00 into an e-book..

I really want the nook to succeed!!! I want reasonably priced e-books.. I don't want to see this disappear.. so please, someone FIX THIS.. If you agree follow up w/ a post..

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Sorry no one replied to this. I don't have a Nook and am new to these boards as an author and a reader. But I run several book pages and groups on FB and the Nook fans I've run into are very loyal to the Nook. I'm not sure what B&N is doing or if they feel they've lost the battle but it's too bad for the Nook users that have invested time and money into this. Hopefully things will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by jleb View Post
    I LOVE my nook.. I have an HD.. I think it is the MOST fantastic ebook reader around.. I wouldn't own a kindle if you paid me to.. BUT.. I absolutely cannot believe the incredible lameness and complete incompetence B&N has online in terms of the sci-fi selection.. I read 4 books a week.. I'm 60 and I don't need glasses.. but that has to be the absolutely worse selection of book recommendations i've ever seen.. looks like payola for bad music.. just old, bad authors everywhere.. No where is anyone interesting offered.. Whoever is in charge of that section needs to be FIRED and someone who loves that genre be put in charge.. One of the top booksellers in the u.s. borderlands-books.com has a newsletter showing the top authors.. there are many other places to choose good titles and competent authors.. not the tired re-treads that keep getting offered..

the other bone is greed.. why is a paper back book $9.99 and the e-book $14.99??? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pass...=9780345504975 ???

This is just wrong and greed based.. i'll buy the paper back w/ my member discount rather than dump $15.00 into an e-book..

I really want the nook to succeed!!! I want reasonably priced e-books.. I don't want to see this disappear.. so please, someone FIX THIS.. If you agree follow up w/ a post..

Tiny Tim

I agree I love reading my Nook. I've owned every generation of Nook. I've given Nooks to my wife, parents, and son. I sure want Nook to stay alive. I'm leery of their association with Samsung. It looks like they're not pushing the e-ink platform. I just don't like reading on a computer type screen. I haven't found problems with the pricing. I do like to keep my entire e-book library in the cloud.
    Love to motorhome and Corvette.

+ Reply to Thread