Louise Penny's Inspector Armand Gamache Three Pines Series

+ Reply to Thread

Default Louise Penny's Inspector Armand Gamache Three Pines Series

I am currently reading The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny. This is the third of five books in the Three Pines Mysteries series with Inspector Armand Gamache. I LOVE these books (at least the two I have read so far and now this third)! The Armand Gamache books have the most intriguing and colorful characters. The thing I like about the series is that you have reoccurring characters in each of the books, and not just the inspector and his aides, but characters who all live in Three Pines. You get to know know these people and love them because Louise Penny is so gifted at characterization that her characters leap off the page and into your mind and heart. If you have never read these I would highly recommend them. All of her books have high ratings by both critics and readers. The latest one was number 19 on the New York Times Bestseller list! And most of her books have won some awards.

My only objection to the books is the use of language, which I think could have been more subdued but I suppose it does add to certain character personality traits. So, if the use of bad language offends you then you might want to stay away. I wouldn't say it's excessive but just unnecessary at times in my opinion.

For anyone interested in reading the series they are in the following order:

I first list the U.S. title and then the Canadian title if it is different from the U.S.

1. Still Life
    2. A Fatal Grace / Dead Cold
    3. The Cruelest Month
    4. A Rule Against Murder / The Murder Stone
    5. The Brutal Telling

And here is a link to her booklist where you can read synopsis and more about the author:

http://www.louisepenny.com/books.htm

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Louise Penny's Inspector Armand Gamache Three Pines Series

Kevin: Thanks these sound good. I am going to try a sample of the first book.