Anyone find a good NIV Bible?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Anyone find a good NIV Bible?

Has anyone found a good NIV Bible ebook? I see there are mixed reviews of the the Zondervan version on B&N.

And I really have not found a free version anywhere.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Anyone find a good NIV Bible?

I think the Zondervan is the only one available but I could be wrong. The NIV, unlike the KJV is not in the public domain and won't be for many years to come.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    I think the Zondervan is the only one available but I could be wrong. The NIV, unlike the KJV is not in the public domain and won't be for many years to come.

Kevin
    That makes sense, didn't think about the public domain thing. Thanks.

CandyNJ66

There is the Joyce Meyer's Everyday Life Bible (Amplified) that has gotten great reviews on B&N but I'm not thrilled about the price. I might get it though because I desperately need a bible on my Nook!

Anyone have that bible?

Tom Sawyer

I've been wondering the same thing. I've downloaded the sample of the Joyce Meyer Bible, and it is very nice, but I hate to spend that much unless I'm sure it will be easy to navigate--on the sample, the go to chapter function doesn't seem to work.

Tom Sawyer

While not the NIV version, I did find a good KJV version in PDF format that has very good chapters in it (I have not really tried to use it yet). The chapters are broken down by book, then chapter.

Found it here: http://www.basicchristian.org/HolyBible.pdf

If you like the NIV only because it is a more modern translation then I would recommend the NET Bible. It is not only easy to read but also an excellent translation. It is availabe for FREE in a Epub version. You can get a version with notes or a version without notes. I recommend the noteless version for the nook. Not because the notes are not good and useful, because they really are, but because I have found it hard to navigate the notes and come back to where you were reading. The version with notes might be good to have on your PC though. Also, follow my instructions carefully. For some reason if you download these files using Microsoft Explorer the files turn to zip files and when you open it they become xhtml files. So, do not use Explorer. Use Firefox instead and it will download as an Epub file. You can then move the file to the nook by sideloading it or you can put in your Adobe Digital Editions folder and open it there and sync it to the nook. I encourage you to check out this version and see if it's not as good or even better than the NIV. Here is the link to both versions (with note and without):

http://users.bible.org/tags/epub

Kevin
    NOW READING:

BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for the tip. I have downloaded it and it is sitting in calibre waiting to be transferred over.

Quote Originally Posted by DontPanic
    Thanks for the tip. I have downloaded it and it is sitting in calibre waiting to be transferred over.
    You're welcome! To test how good a translation is I awlays check out John, Romans and Ephesians and I have found this translation to be true, reliable and dependable to the original. Enjoy!

NOW READING:

BY DAVID MCINTEE

Oliver

Youversion is giving away free NIV for andriod and Iphone. We ask about other and they stated there will be other verison of the NIV comimg soon. Just sarted tonight @ 800pm until 13th midnight EST
    CyndiY