Kobo ebooks to nook

+ Reply to Thread
    asgalbraith

Default Kobo ebooks to nook

I thought I would try out Kobo.com, they had a $2 off special. So I bought the ebook downloaded it to my computer, but now I can't figure out how to get it on my nook. I tried dragging the file to my documents, but it didn't show up on my nook. I am wondering if the file needs to be converted somehow, as it is listed as a .acsm. I am not sure what that is. Kobo listed the book as an epub.

Can someone help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Kobo ebooks to nook

You need to have Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) installed on your computer. The program is free from Adobe.com, just Google Adobe Digital Edition and download it from the Adobe site.

Once ADE is installed, open the program and register your nook to ADE. Then just double click the .acsm file and it should open ADE and start downloading the eBook. Once it's downloaded to ADE, connect your nook and sideload it by dragging the eBook onto the nook icon within ADE.

I had some trouble getting Kobo to work with ADE at first, so if it doesn't automatically start ADE when your double click the .acsm file, right click the file, choose Open With and then search for ADE. There should be a check box within that window also that gives you the option to choose Always Open With, check that also and next time you down load from Kobo, just double click the .acsm file and it should automatically launch ADE.

Also, you don't have to delete the .acsm file, just choose replace it next time you download from Kobo (or a Library, as they use the same format).

Hope this helps...
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

asgalbraith

That worked perfectly! Thank you very much.

Puck

You are very welcome! I'm glad I could help!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson