Gamers!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers!!!

Thing 2

Default Gamers!!!

alrighty so there's been a lot of discussion about video games and i'm a big gamer girl
    myself. so i figured we could make a mini discussion thread about what we like to play
    how we like to play and anything genralizing over the whole area..
    this is for console and PC so chat away fellow gamers

WildYaks

BLECK! on your noob tubin on rust! hahaha i'm disppointed but your right everyone jumps
    offa bridges with their friends LOL!
    [quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Gamers!!!

Geez. I could write pages and pages on gaming but instead I'll stick to what I playing right currently - MW2 on Xbox and City of Heroes on the PC. City of Heroes is one of those games I come back for the community rather than the actual game itself (which is really quite good but gets repetitive). It's also easy to log in and run a mission or two and log off. With WoW, I usually need a good three or four hours free or I feel rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    BLECK! on your noob tubin on rust! hahaha i'm disppointed but your right everyone jumps
    offa bridges with their friends LOL!
    I'm not proud of myself either a key value in battle is versatility! I gave a class specifically for explosives (danger close, scavenger, noob tubes, rpgs and matyrdom). I use it in situations where the other team starts running around in packs or are abusing noob tubes (sometimes both at the same time!) I like to create a wide array of classes so I can switch gears midgame. primary assault, Sniper, stealth, running, riot shield, etc.

Currently reading:

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin

Tom Sawyer

I play on Xbox and PC. Mostly Xbox these days because my friends switched to it..was very heavy into PC gaming.
    I have a PS3 but just use it to stream entertainment to the living room from my PC. I also didn't buy it, I "inherited" it. I don't buy Sony products.

I was on an MW2 kick and ended up hating its guts after a short time. I sold it and bought BFBC2 and loved it. The problem is to few maps and no new ones have come out so we kind of burned out on it.
    I just got done playing Red Dead Redemption and it was great! I am not a single player kind of guy but I actually played this all the way through.
    Currently we will play L4D2 here and there and right now on a NCAA 11 kick since it just came out.

I also still have Gears of War 2 and like playing the Horde mode, though I haven't in a long time.

I like to "recycle" my games. When a game I want comes out I will hunt down the best deal available and / or sell a game in order to get a game. For example I was able to pick up Red Dead Redemption preorder from amazon that included a $20 gift card. Once I was done I sold it on eBay for $45. Considering I placed it as a buy it now auction and it sold within 3 hours I may have been able to get more out of it lol. anyway if you include that gift card I actually made a profit. Woo hoo!
    I then picked up NCAA preorder from Dell for $40.

So because I am broke atm and like to get the best bang for my buck I don't keep games long after I am tired of them. I am like that with a lot of things though. I don't think I am "cheap" because I won't buy a piece of crap just because it is a dollar less but I will try to get the best thing my dollar can pay for.
    Currently Reading Daemon by Daniel Suarez

XBox Gamer Tag: EvilOrly

Mowgli

I'm in the middle of about 4 or 5 different games, and just recently bought 2 more on the PSN. I have 360, PS3, Wii, DSXL, and PC games. Currently playing FFXIII, Red Dead Redemption, MW2, 3D Dot Game Heroes. Just got an awesome game on PSN last night called DeathSpank, it's like Diablo but hilarious! I love gaming!

Mr. Darcy

My friend in MI just bought Deathspank and is enjoying the heck out of it. I also have Red Dead Redemption but haven't given it the playtime it deserves - I'm only about 30% of the way through it. I hear the multi-player is pretty good now too.
    Currently reading:

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin

d'Artagnan

I am still trying to meet up with Ragdoll to play (for the first time ever) MW2, I'm actually kind of nervous because I feel I will be an awful player.

but otherwise, I playing Red Dead Redemption..

I loved Oblivion, Assassin's Creed (and AC2) Fable 2..

I used to be big on Final Fantasy but I stopped at XII.. I have XIII but haven't gotten around to it yet..
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]

Benjamin Button

I love Candyland. Is it available for PS2?

Tom Sawyer

I've got one of everything system-wise, but mostly I play computer or Xbox360. Used to be addicted to WoW, but have been on a hiatus the last several months. I'm now hoping that I can avoid the lure of Cataclysm and -not- return like I'd originally planned (but it's hard...because everything I've seen looks awesome!). I just am really liking my freedom from that game.

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption, though I spent a lot more time on the multiplayer than the single (which is disappointing as the single player game has so much more to do). Also a huge Fable/Fable 2 fan. I've been trying to finally finish numero 2, but I have this thing with games where, even if I really love the game, I will play till just about the end (usually at that point where you can just TELL that the next mission is the last), and then somehow I will never get around to that last mission. I will mess around with sidequests and things, and eventually jump off to some other game and leave that one unfinished.

Also a Halo fan, though I'm not into competitive multiplayer stuff (blame my childhood full of my brother and his friends always ganging up to take me down before duking it out among themselves), so I just really like playing through the game co-op.

A few lesser-known games that I love and highly recommend: Endless Ocean: Blue World on the Wii, Scribblenauts on the DS, and Little Big Planet on the PS3 (well...okay...LBP isn't really lesser-known...).

d'Artagnan

I have Endless Ocean, I played it for awhile. I like games like that every so often.
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]

The last (and only) console I've ever owned was ColecoVision. But I love a good game of Tetris.

My daughter keeps asking for Wii. Her reasoning is that she broke a sweat doing it and it's like exercise. I told her exercise is also just like exercise and she could just go outside and play.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast