Forum Etiquette

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Administrator

Default Forum Etiquette

Welcome to Nookboards. I am so glad you have come here to share your love for the Barnes & Noble nook with us, please feel free to wander around freely, ask questions, give responses. We only ask you follow just a few of our guidelines while you are with us here.

One
    If someone asks a question that has been asked before, please try to answer them kindly and then respectfully point them to other threads that might help them. Newcomers to this board may have a hard time navigating and find it easier to just ask the question. This is fine. If it bothers you, please just ignore the thread. The moderators will sometimes combine threads to cut down on the repeats, but please be kind in the mean time.

Two

If you have an issue with one of Barnes & Nobles policies, please feel free to discuss this is a calm manner. Unfortunately this board does not have the ear of B&N execs (though that would be nice), so if you really want your concerns to be heard, please visit the forum on the B&N website. Employees DO visit that forum and your concerns may be better heard there. If topics get heated or too rebellious, we reserve the right to edit, lock, or delete them.

Three
    Please have respect for your fellow members' opinions. Just as you would like your opinion to be heard and understood, so would others. If you have a problem with a post, please report it to a Moderator or Administrator rather than responding to it and try to ignore it in the mean time. It is fine to have a difference of opinion, it is not fine to express this difference in a mean or hurtful way.

Four
    Please no swearing, no obscene pictures or vulgarity of any kind. If you wouldn't say it or show it to a child, please don't share it here. Members may be viewing this board in front of their families or at work, so let's keep it clean for everyone. Moderators reserve the right to remove any material they feel is offensive.

Five
    Nookboards reserves the right to change any links on the board to an affiliate link. Please do not use your own affiliate link on our board.

Six

Authors are welcome to share their books with our members by starting a thread in the Author nook. If you have a free book to offer our members, please post it in the Freebies section so we can all find it and download it! We would also love to see you become a part of this community so our readers can get to know you.

Seven
    If it's illegal, please don't talk about it here. Any threads talking or alluding to something illegal will be deleted immediately. This includes stripping books of DRM (Digital Rights Media). For now stripping DRM is a violation of copyright according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Any discussion of how to strip DRM this will not be tolerated, nor will posting of links to instructions concerning how to strip DRM. Speaking of DRM in general terms is okay. Any other topics that contain illegal content will also be removed.

Eight
    Please keep your signatures small. Large blocks of text or pictures will be removed. Please do not include outside affiliate links in your signatures. If you are an author, you may link (no pictures) to your books in your signature, so long as the title isn't offensive.

Nine
    Respect local copyright laws. We strongly encourage all our members to respect the copyright and intellectual property laws of their local countries. This means, for example, posting of links to places to download unauthorized copies of novels, short stories, etc. will not be tolerated and will be removed immediately.

Ten
    Please do not put your email in your post. If you are looking for a response to something, please ask people to PM you. Your PMs will be emailed to your email on record so you won't miss it, but we get a lot of spammers here so you don't want to have your email out there like that trust me! We will delete your email address if you put it in the post.

Eleven
    Nookboards is not responsible for any advice, tutorials, directions, or content posted to this forum. Nookboards is an open forum where anyone in the world can come and discuss their opinion on the nook and how things work, Nookboards does not screen these comments for validity or effectiveness. Following the advice posted to this forum is done at your own risk. Nookboards cannot be held responsible for any damage sustained due to following said advice.

Thanks!
    Nookboards Team
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Forum Etiquette

*buuurp*
    'Scuze me.

Oh, wrong etiquette.

Administrator

Tehe, that's not allowed either

Eleven
    Please keep your bodily functions to yourself.

Rachel

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

In the future I will post a warning.

[img width=98 height=120]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/10203040/Cats/catvomit.jpg[/img]

urp.

watch out.

Administrator

Much appreciated.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks Rachel for setting the "tone"! I started out over @ the B&N board as a newbie trying to get information, but all I got was disgusted. Seemed like the majority just wanted to complain and go on rants, etc. Your "neighborhood" here is a refreshing change

Oliver

I have three free e-books and I use the BookBuzzr widget as a marketing tool. What is the Nook Boards policy regarding including small animated flippy book widgets in forum posts? I don't want to annoy anyone but they are so cute I like to include them where I can - so people can see the covers and maybe want to find out more about my books. I write alternative poetry (alternative to boring O0 ) so I need all the help I can get to encourage people to take a look at something they might otherwise reject without even thinking twice - all together now - "POETRY DOESN'T SELL" LOL :brickwall:
    Free Nook compatible e-books available on my publisher's website : http://www.EndaxiPress.com/dvp

Administrator

Can you PM me a link where I might see what they look like? I think they will probably be okay within your own thread, but since I have never seen it before, I'd like to before I make a final determination.

Thank you for asking first and a big WELCOME to the boards!!

Rachel

AtonerryUnota

Default Forum Etiquette

Id would like to see the 2G iPod Touch and information closer and under my name and avatar, perhaps in a little grey outline.

It would be more prominent.

I like the forum "New Look" however... I love my iPod Touch more.

Bgizzle, I hope you do understand.

edit: This "post" is short and it is still far away.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AtonerryUnota
    Id would like to see the 2G iPod Touch and information closer and under my name and avatar, perhaps in a little grey outline.

It would be more prominent.

I like the forum "New Look" however... I love my iPod Touch more.

Bgizzle, I hope you do understand.

edit: This "post" is short and it is still far away.

When I peruse the forum I make use of the Touch's pinch and zoom feature and this helps make things clearer. However, I just found the links to the mobile version of this site which another user posted - and another user who uses the Touch says it is better than going to the original site for viewing purposes:

http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?wap

Tada! Alternatively,

http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?wap2

Wap2 is slightly tastier on the eyes.

http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?imode

Appears to be more compressed.

I hope this helps.
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions