Removing library books and other side-loaded content from your nook

+ Reply to Thread
    Tom Sawyer

Default Removing library books and other side-loaded content from your nook

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, and successfully borrowed a number of Public Library ePub books, and transferred them to my nook. And, as promised, when the lending period was over, the Library ebooks removed themselves, and went back to the Library on their own. (A MAJOR advantage, IMHO!)

However, the titles are still listed in My Documents on my nook. Not too much of a problem, but since I will be borrowing more library ePub books than purchasing at bn.com, I would imagine that this might tend to fill up the pages in My Documents.

Is there any way to remove the titles? Of course, when you click "open", there is a message that the book has expired, so it's not taking up significant memory, just space on the page.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Removing library books and other side-loaded content from your nook

Somebody speak up if I have this wrong... When your Nook is showing in ADE, click to the left of the library eBook that has expired and select the choice of 'Delete Item'. Then when able check for new content in your Nooks my library area.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

If you have the Nook classic with version 1.5, you can delete it directly on the Nook.

-Open the My Documents Library
    -Select the library book
    -Tap "Item details & options" on the LCD screen
    -You should see "Read" & "Delete"
    -Tap "Delete"

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    Somebody speak up if I have this wrong... When your Nook is showing in ADE, click to the left of the library eBook that has expired and select the choice of 'Delete Item'. Then when able check for new content in your Nooks my library area.

Yes, this works. You have to have your "nook" shelf selected on the left sidebar, you can't just do it from the "borrowed" shelf. Usually what I do is sort by status after selecting the "nook" on the left, and then page down to the "Expired" status and delete them all (otherwise they may be hard to find on your nook, especially if your nook has a lot of items on it).

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by cbtengr
    If you have the Nook classic with version 1.5, you can delete it directly on the Nook.

-Open the My Documents Library
    -Select the library book
    -Tap "Item details & options" on the LCD screen
    -You should see "Read" & "Delete"
    -Tap "Delete"

Cool, I just learned something new... Thanks!
    Donna

Tom Sawyer

Yes, I actually discovered that I could delete Library ebooks this afternoon @ work, a B&N.

The problem is that I can't seem to delete Samples from my B&N Library! I can archive them, and delete them online in My Account on bn.com...but they don't seem to disappear from my nook?

Is there a way to "sync" and clear these usinge USB cord?

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by nanartchik
    Yes, I actually discovered that I could delete Library ebooks this afternoon @ work, a B&N.

The problem is that I can't seem to delete Samples from my B&N Library! I can archive them, and delete them online in My Account on bn.com...but they don't seem to disappear from my nook?

Is there a way to "sync" and clear these usinge USB cord?
    Samples cannot be archived. You can delete them online then "Check for new B&N content" will remove it from your Nook.
    This is in the LCD menu when in your B&N library view. You may need to scroll down to find it.

Tom Sawyer

Excellent! I will try that!