99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors please promote your novels here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Mowgli

Default 99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors please promote your novels here.

Hello Authors and Readers,

My name is Charles Shea. I'm a self published author and I'd like to introduce my first legal Mystery/Thriller, DEFENDING EVIL. My novel is available online with Barnes & Noble for only .99 cents. Authors, please join me in posting your novels here. Readers, I hope you'll enjoy discovering these inexpensive, yet entertaining, novels.

DEFENDING EVIL

Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney that has built his reputation by defending clients that many believe are guilty of the crime of murder. The young attorney's success attracts the attention of a righteous Vigilante. The mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis’ clients soon after he wins them an acquittal. The Vigilante believes that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live…the vigilante delivers ultimate justice. Stranger yet, not only is the vigilante executing the clients-they are being executed by the same method the clients used to murder their own victims.

The Vigilante's deadly attention quickly turns to the source of these abominations against society, the hot-shot attorney responsible for freeing the evil murders. The Vigilante, now signing e-mailed threats as the' Archangel', sends Travis an ultimatum; stop defending guilty clients, or he will be the next to be executed. Risking his life, and his marriage, Travis refuses to be intimidated by the extortion, and continues to defend clients accused of murder.

Travis prepares for the inevitable show-down with the Archangel…a confrontation that will leave only one of them standing.

THE SHRUNKEN HEAD MURDERS

Whoever said that sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me, was wrong. Words, when used skillfully, can kill.

The Shrunken Head Murders is a story about the murder trial of Donny Snelling. He is a former Marine Corps Lieutenant just home from Afghanistan and is suffering from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He went to war healthy but came home with wounds no one can see. Donny is defended by Amy Strong, a very successful criminal defense attorney with an Atlanta law firm. The evidence shows that Amy’s client, Donny Snelling, committed the brutal murder of 18 year old Bridget Dooley.

Criminal defense attorneys make a living with their mouths and Amy uses hers brilliantly. She combines intelligence with eloquence, and she excels at planting the seed of reasonable doubt in each juror’s mind. When that seed takes root, then flourishes and bears fruit, the result is a not guilty verdict. Amy’s outstanding performance results in Donny not having to pay for his crime. The fact that Donny was not sent to the electric chair made a lot of people very angry…one of them was angry enough to kill.

If Amy had known the consequences of winning that particular acquittal, she never would have taken the case. When the blame for the injustice of Donny’s acquittal is placed on Amy, it turns out she literally talked herself to death.

Detective Tom Brikler with the Atlanta Homicide Unit is tasked with finding Amy’s killer. He has to employ every ounce of his investigative skills as he hunts for the killer. Of course Brikler doesn’t hunt alone; he has help from his lover Nicki Martin, who just happens to be a detective with the Dekalb County Homicide Unit. Together they make their way through the maze of twists and turns on the trail of The Shrunken Head killer.

I hope you will enjoy my macabre tales.

Best Regards,

Charles Shea - Author of DEFENDING EVIL and THE SHRUNKEN HEAD MURDERS
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: .99 Cent Thrillers - Authors please promote your novels here.

Sounds exciting!

Does it have to be a thriller to promote? Or just 99 cents lol?
    Celebrity Space - sci-fi short story
    Forbidden Instinct
    - fantasy romance short story
    End Behavior - serial action/spy spoof

Muzik Chronicles - an interactive sci-fi blog

Mowgli

Default Re: .99 Cent Nookbooks - Authors please promote your novels here.

Alain,

No, it doesn't have to be a Thriller. :^)

I've changed the title to Nookbooks, so you're welcome to post your work if you like.

Charles Shea - Author of Defending Evil

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Out of Time is $.99 on Nook, it was my first novella, and its time travel, with some historical fiction mixed in. Perfect for your pre-teens.

A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century icons, from the Titanic to Anne Frank to Roswell to the Apollo 13. However, someone is trying to stop them, and the future may never be the same again.

Author of the 7 novel and 2 short story Christian fiction series, The End Times Saga.
    Author site: http://cliffball.net
    My novels on the Nook
    Twitter: @cliff_ball
    Facebook

Mowgli

My book No Good Deed is on sale until I get the sequel finished. It's a way I motivate myself to write. If I get really motivated, I might be able to upload it by early December.

Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant.

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, can Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks--even if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world?

Tom Sawyer

The first volume in my "Jason Dark: Ghost Hunter" dime novel series, Demon's Night has just been repriced and is now available for only 99 cents as a Nookbook. It is a limited time offer and has been designed to give readers the chance to try out this acclaimed supernatural mystery series without having to spend a whole lot of money.

Synopsis: A series of bizarre deaths leaves the victims unnaturally desiccated and decaying, sending Jason Dark into the dangerous world of the London dockyards in search of a supernatural murderer. But is the paranormal investigator prepared to duel a full-fledged demon on a ****-bent mission to create chaos and catastrophe throughout the earth, a fiend determined to wreak more death and destruction than his even more ominous Master?

This is the first volume in a series of gothic horror adventures where Jason Dark, a fearless and resourceful ghost hunter, follows in the mold of a Sherlock Holmes combined with Randall Garrett's Lord D'Arcy. Written by Guido Henkel, the designer who brought Germany's famed Das Schwarze Auge series to computer screens, this series is filled with enough mystery, drama and suspenseful action to transport you to the sinister, fog-shrouded streets of Victorian England.

The rest of the series - seven other volumes so far - are also available for $2.99 each.

Tom Sawyer

A blonde model goes to a new tanning salon run by a kind old man. She dozes off, feels some weird pains, and when she wakes up hours later, another blonde looking exactly like her is lying in the next tanning bed. What would you do?

Sabrina has this experience. Then she finds her double was scientifically cloned from her own body and brain. Her double, Eve, has enhanced abilities and a computer.

Eve is thrust into a new body and must learn to act like a normal human woman. Her brain uses the same electrical circuts as Sabrina, so she has what she identifies as Sabrina Thoughts. And she has Sabrina hormones, too. She finds herself in love with Mark, Sabrina's boyfriend.

To complicate matters, this billion dollar baby, Eve, is hunted by three intelligence networks, who want to find out how she was made. How to use this new scientific breakthrough. A human computer with the ability to regenerate when hurt, and enhanced physical strength. The possibilities are endless. So is what they will do to acquire Eve

On sale 99 cents http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=2940011830273

Hope you all will enjoy, Thanks, Pam

The Necromancer http://tiny.cc/syklx
    The Living Image http://tiny.cc/biey4
    Midnight Reflections http://tiny.cc/nd51t

Puck

Thanks Charles.

Just published on Nook - a wild and wacky adventure that will have your whole family laughing their nooks off. Behold the splendor (or should I say squalor?) of Bloated Goat...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Bloated-Goat/Manley-Peterson/e/2940012695802/?itm=1&USRI=bloated+goat

Here's the description:

When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that's just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Come join the humorous adventure filled with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

But don't take my word for it. Read the following fake quotes for more convincing words:

"This is one the funniest books about bloated goats and talking animals I've ever read." - A random, imaginary kid

"If I was stuck on a deserted island with nothing but this book, I'd probably read it at least once." - An important kid, possibly your best friend or son or daughter

And if you prefer real quotes, here you go:

"I decided to take a chance on your book after reading your post. Heck, it's only ninety-nine cents, right? I called my nine year old daughter over for what I thought would be a short picture book. I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting much but I hoped she'd get a good chuckle out of it. I opened up the book and was surprised to find that it's a chapter book. Hmm! We dove in. We read through the first ten chapters and my daughter never stopped laughing. She loved it! (And I had to stop more than once to compose myself as well. I actually had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.) So far it's an easy and enjoyable read. The characters are hilarious and the situations they encounter are wholly unexpected. We can't wait to finish it tomorrow." - M. Jacobs, a Kindle Discussions contributor

"LOL. I just finished it. It cracked me up! Definitely worth the dollar." - Lexi, a Kindle Discussions contributor

Manley Peterson
    Bloated Goat
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Bloated-Goat/Manley-Peterson/e/2940012695802/?itm=1&USRI=bloated+goat

Tom Sawyer

Hope you all will check out The Necromancer

The Necromancer - sale 99 cents

Michelle was brutally attacked in her locked hotel room while on a business trip. The police didn't believe
    her. They thought she had invited a man to her room for a little sexual encounter which went dangerously out of
    control. Now Michelle is afraid of men. She decides an affaire with the devilishly handsome man who moved into
    her building might cure her of the panic attacks. How can she know she picked the wrong man. A man who
    has been stalking her for years. A man known as The Necromancer.....

Pam
    The Necromancer http://tiny.cc/syklx
    The Living Image http://tiny.cc/biey4
    Midnight Reflections http://tiny.cc/nd51t

Tiny Tim

The first book in my epic fantasy trilogy is available for 99 cents: City of Rogues

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/City-of-Rogues/Ty-Johnston/e/2940011814204/?itm=1&USRI=ty+johnston

Kron Darkbow seeks vengeance, and he plans to have it no matter the costs. Returning to the city of his birth after 15 years, he hunts down the wizard responsible for the deaths of those he loved only to find out another was responsible for the murders. That other is Belgad the Liar, a former barbarian chieftan who is now boss of the city's underworld. Following his path for blood, Kron comes across the magical healer, Randall Tendbones, and accidentally reveals Randall's darkest secret to the world. It's a secret about the past, a secret that has kept Randall on the run for three years. Now it has caught up with him, and Belgad the Liar is suddenly the least of Randall and Kron's concerns. The gaze of Lord Verkain, king of of the dark northern land of Kobalos, has fallen upon Kron and Randall. And it is a gaze filled with madness. City of Rogues is a dark action/adventure epic fantasy novel in the tradition of David Gemmell and Glenn Cook. It is Book I of the Kobalos Trilogy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast