Taking books off the nook

+ Reply to Thread
    Oliver

Default Taking books off the nook

Hey, so this may be a stupid question that's been asked half to death but i cant seem to find it. How do you take books off the nook once theyre downloaded? Archiving keeps them on the nook... is there a way of completely removing them, yet still being able to put them back on later?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Taking books off the nook

Hi mimi0523: First, welcome to NOOKBOARDS. Two, lets get to your questions:

Is space an issue on your Nook and that is why you are trying to get rid of books?

Archiving is the best means of removing from (Nook) view your B&N eBooks.

For eBooks obtained outside of B&N, if you delete the file off of the Nook and as long as you have saved the file on your PC, you should be able to put an eBook back on.
    Donna

Oliver

Is there any way to take them off the nook and out of the archive? I didn't download, nor do I have any need for, 'Little Women' to be anywhere in my reading lists! Even if archiving these books doesn't take up space on my nook, I don't care to have them cluttering up an archive that I might actually put something useful in one day.

Thx for your time and response!

Tiny Tim

The only way I have found to completely delete is to do so when connected to computer. Open your Nook/Media folder and manually delete the file.

Mad Hatter

If you are looking to delete B&N eBooks (and I am not into doing that), you can log into your BN.COM ebook Library and delete it from there.
    Donna

Puck

Yup, deleting the free books that B&N put on there...like Little Women can only be done from the B&N account online. If you archive them they sit on the archive shelf in NOOkcolor. Samples can't be archived and they have to be deleted from the B&N account online.

Oliver

I am not able to delete samples or any of the preloaded books from my online account using my pc or my nook. I can archive samples but I can not delete them. It simply does not have the option for deleting. I have deleted other books I downloaded in the past. It must be a glitch with my account. I think I may try to reinstall the B&N program to my computer.

Oliver

Ahhhh! I was not aware of the actual site at B&N.com to view your library. I was trying to use my Nook for pc to do everything. It was still weird that it let me Remove Local Copy (delete a book) for some books but not for all of them. Logging on to the web site allows me to delete any books and samples.