Nook simple touch Battery

+ Reply to Thread
    Oliver

Default Nook simple touch Battery

Was wondering if anyone knows how far i should let the battery discharge before i recharge it? i've seen that it shouldn't let it go below 20% and i've also seen that you should let it go down to the charge battery screen. So what is that right thing to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Top it off whenever you get a chance and don't let it drain out completely too often. With the newer LiOn batteries, the memory effect is not a factor. These batteries benefit from being topped off often.

Oliver

Thank you Lokesh

Oliver

The battery on my N2E has been great so far, until the other day when it unexpectedly showed me the "battery too low" screen.

I got it when it first released and had no problems with it. The battery life was great. I then got really busy in the last couple of weeks and didn't have much time to pay attention to my nook. It was in standby during this time, and when I picked it up to read again is when I saw the battery too low screen.

I charged it up using my nook charger and then a couple of days later I brought it with me somewhere only to find that the battery had completely drained over the course of a few days. I charged it to 100% yesterday and it is currently at 71%. I read for maybe an hour in that time, and the wifi has been off the entire time.

I contacted B&N but I'm hesitant to try their replacement plan as I'll either have to wait 1-3 weeks for them to check and make sure I'm not trying to pull a quick one or they'll send me a new one and charge me for it if it turns out nothing is wrong with it.

Is it possible that the battery got a bit off when I let it sit for a while in standby? Any chance that it will go back to its normal level of performance after a few more battery cycles? Any advice on what to try to hopefully get it back to normal?

Thanks

Mr. Darcy

You could try doing some battery top offs a couple of times. That might help. When it goes down to about 60-70% just top it off until its full. Do that about 3-5 times and then when its fully charged, turn off your WiFi and then use it normally and see how long it lasts. The estimated battery life is under optimal conditions with WiFi off and so many hours of page turns blah blah so just test it under more optimal conditions after a few charge top offs and see how it looks after

Oliver

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the reply and I'll let you know what I find.

Oliver

JWhick - Instead of contacting B&N online or by phone, go to a B&N Bookstore. The Customer Service there is always better. I had the same exact problem you had - NST went completely low on battery after I didn't use it for 3-4 weeks, charged it and now it drains in 4-5 days. I took it to the store and they promptly replaced it after testing my Nook. I didn't see the boards about doing a Top-Off 3-5x to reset the battery caliberation which probably would've solved my problem but now I got a new Nook and will have to do that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JWhick View Post
    The battery on my N2E has been great so far, until the other day when it unexpectedly showed me the "battery too low" screen.

I got it when it first released and had no problems with it. The battery life was great. I then got really busy in the last couple of weeks and didn't have much time to pay attention to my nook. It was in standby during this time, and when I picked it up to read again is when I saw the battery too low screen.

I charged it up using my nook charger and then a couple of days later I brought it with me somewhere only to find that the battery had completely drained over the course of a few days. I charged it to 100% yesterday and it is currently at 71%. I read for maybe an hour in that time, and the wifi has been off the entire time.

I contacted B&N but I'm hesitant to try their replacement plan as I'll either have to wait 1-3 weeks for them to check and make sure I'm not trying to pull a quick one or they'll send me a new one and charge me for it if it turns out nothing is wrong with it.

Is it possible that the battery got a bit off when I let it sit for a while in standby? Any chance that it will go back to its normal level of performance after a few more battery cycles? Any advice on what to try to hopefully get it back to normal?

Thanks