Do you find the overhead light on a plane bright enough to read your nook with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default Do you find the overhead light on a plane bright enough to read your nook with?

I was just wondering if most folks find the overhead light on the plane bright enough to read your Nook with. I fly several times each year, and was wondering if most people find it bright enough with just the overhead, or if I need to purchase a book light prior to my next flight.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Do you find the overhead light on a plane bright enough to read your nook with?

It really depends on the plane. I would say so far, in general, most of the flights I've been on have been at least adequate. Some of the smaller planes are actually better because the light is closer. But I've logged about 50K so far this year and I haven't ever felt the light wasn't bright enough for reading!
    twitter: http://www.twitter.com/codefox/
    shout.net/identi.ca: http://ninetail.me/shout/codefox (Join the federated social revolution!)
    blog: http://ninetail.me

Mad Hatter

Default Re: Do you find the overhead light on a plane bright enough to read your nook with?

Jellyrolls, there are some serious travellers that participate in NOOKBOARDS... I am sure you will hear from them about this.

Good question!

You can also check out the lights listed on the Accessories thread.

I bought a light anyways just to have with me in my bag. I have only used it once since buying it, but it was cheap ($4) for the quality of the light.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

I agree with Codefox. I find most airplane reading lights to be adequate with the planes the smaller regional airlines use being slightly better since the light is closer.

I am, in fact, leaving for the airport in a few minutes to fly from Dublin back to Stockholm.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    I am, in fact, leaving for the airport in a few minutes to fly from Dublin back to Stockholm.

Regards,
    Michael
    Michael, good to know... I drink Paddy's (hint hint)!

<giggle>

Donna

Tiny Tim

Yes the overhead plane lights are more than sufficient to read your nook. I have the M-Edge cover and the attached light available anytime I need it and have never used it on a plane, even on night flights. If you can read a regular book with the overhead light, then you will not have a problem with your Nook.

Mr. Darcy

Thanks so much for the feedback! These were the answers I was expecting, so that's good tonight.

I may pick up a light, just in case. I also have the M-edge case.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyrolls
    Thanks so much for the feedback! These were the answers I was expecting, so that's good tonight.

I may pick up a light, just in case. I also have the M-edge case.
    On of my complaints about the lights that clip on is that they don't stay upright. Also, determine if you are going to attach the light directly to the Nook or the case.

I cannot remember if I sent this accessories link before, so pardon my age if I did (send it): https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...sg8840#msg8840

Donna

Tiny Tim

Actually I just took an overnight flight, and found the light to be more than enough. In fact because DH and the woman next to me were already asleep, I thought it was almost too bright so I turned mine off and used my own booklight.

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    On of my complaints about the lights that clip on is that they don't stay upright. Also, determine if you are going to attach the light directly to the Nook or the case.

I cannot remember if I sent this accessories link before, so pardon my age if I did (send it): https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...sg8840#msg8840
    I will check out the acessories section.

But now I have a question for you, wdblevin. How do you have time to read your nook when you are so good about reading and responding to posts here? hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast