Got a nook for Fathers Day!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevalt

Default Got a nook for Fathers Day!!!

Hello everyone,

I got a nook today. It seems a bit intimidating at the moment. I don't understand the connectivity going in and out. Should I just connect it to my wi-fi instead of the cellular signal? I am currently not reading any books now so I am looking for my first purchase. I might be the book The Road because I enjoyed the movie. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Got a nook for Fathers Day!!!

Kevalt, welcome. What you read all depends on your taste. (Might I suggest and Ayn Rand book?).
    I would suggest you setting it up to use wifi and use the 3G when you're not around a hotspot. Also, when you're not connected to BN for purchases you shut both off. Leave it in airplane mode, it will make the battery last much longer.

Also if you're going to purchase an ebook online then connect with the nook I believe if you click on the BN link above the board gets a little something for it.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Mad Hatter

Welcome to NOOKBOARDS kevalt... Enjoy your gift and Happy Father's Day.

Please ask other questions if you are uncertain or cannot find an answer.

Hey DeCrescenzo, Happy Father's Day as well!

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thank you. I had a great day with the kids. We saw Marmaduke.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Tom Sawyer

I got one for Father's Day as well.

I am really liking it. I have contacted CS to see if they will "help me out" regarding the price cut RIGHT after I got mine ....we will see.
    Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
    14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by golfnerd
    I got one for Father's Day as well.

I am really liking it. I have contacted CS to see if they will "help me out" regarding the price cut RIGHT after I got mine ....we will see.
    Hi... Tell me, do you like golf (<joking!>)... I see that this is your first post on NOOKBOARDS, so welcome!

Let us know about your call to B&N CS - I gotta' think they'll do the right thing by you.

We love our Nooks here and are glad you joined the 'club'!

Happy belated Father's Day, too.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    Hi... Tell me, do you like golf (<joking!>)... I see that this is your first post on NOOKBOARDS, so welcome!

Let us know about your call to B&N CS - I gotta' think they'll do the right thing by you.

We love our Nooks here and are glad you joined the 'club'!

Happy belated Father's Day, too.
    Thanks for the welcome and the Fathers Day wish.

As soon as I saw the price cut, I thought "DOH!"

Based on how B&N has dealt with all of you guys, they'll do the right thing....

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
    14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by inkonvelvet
    Like wdblevin, I am anxious to hear what happens in regard to your receiving the price cut.
    Well....I got an e-mail back from CS and since I bought the Nook at a brick and mortar store, they want me to go back to the store....I may call them tomorrow to save a trip...

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by golfnerd
    Well....I got an e-mail back from CS and since I bought the Nook at a brick and mortar store, they want me to go back to the store....I may call them tomorrow to save a trip...
    Let us know the outcome... I'll be rooting for you!

Donna

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by inkonvelvet
    Ditto!
    Hey (isn't always for horses)!

Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast