AT&T Wireless



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: AT&T Wireless

  1. #1
    d'Artagnan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    751

    Default AT&T Wireless

    I might have cared about this feature last week before Starbucks made the announcement that all of their stores will now offer complimentary free WiFi.

    Other than Starbucks (free) and BN (free), are there any other establishments that use ATT for-pay WiFi?
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

    Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

  2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Benjamin Button ktrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,097

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    I had not heard that! I was just thinking this morning that now I can finally access the internet at my local Starbucks with my nook. Now I find out I should be able to anyway. *sigh*!

    Kevin
    NOW READING:

    STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

  4. #3
    d'Artagnan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    I had not heard that! I was just thinking this morning that now I can finally access the internet at my local Starbucks with my nook. Now I find out I should be able to anyway. *sigh*!

    Kevin
    It feels so much better when you think you're getting something for free exclusively, doesn't it?
    We got ATT Uverse at our house, so we already get ATT free WiFi anyway. When I found out that Starbucks was opening up the WiFi, I got my feelings hurt. And now this. I feel so basic now.

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/s...for-all-start/
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

    Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

  5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Tom Sawyer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Whether u got wifi at home its still nice to have free wifi when ur out. I have an ipod touch that I am totally addicted to and love finding places with free wifi. I used to have a small coffee house down the street. The drinks were cheaper than Starbucks. They had comfy couches and magazines and free wifi, either use the computers they had there or your own. The weekend hours were better than Starbucks so Id go there instead. Unfortunately they went out of business and the Starbucks across the street shut down.
    Now if only my friends neighbors would unlock their wifi I would be set.

  7. #5
    Tiny Tim mrsmcelrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    I can't even get my Nook to connect on my home Wi-fi, lol. I know it's my router, but I can't figure it out...so I guess I'll just go to Starbucks when I want to use it
    Mandy

  8. #6
    Mad Hatter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,905

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcelrath
    I can't even get my Nook to connect on my home Wi-fi, lol. I know it's my router, but I can't figure it out...so I guess I'll just go to Starbucks when I want to use it
    I know some people in the past were talking about issues with MAC addresses... I will let the techies speak to this - Don't give up!



    Donna

  9. #7
    Mad Hatter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,905

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenPoe
    Now if only my friends neighbors would unlock their wifi I would be set.
    This is sorta' morbid, but when my Father passed away last year (and we were at the FH), we needed to get some things organized... The facility owner wouldn't let me into his network, so I went into the parking lot with my PC with a wirelss card and drove around looking for open networks - I found 3 off of the apartment buildings next to the FH. My Aunts (who wanted to help coordinate things for my Mom) were blown away when I did that - I told them that ya' sometimes gotta' do what ya' gotta' do.



    Donna

  10. #8
    Mad Hatter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,905

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by inkonvelvet
    It's like finding out that they let everyone into the V.I.P. room. *sobs*
    We still think you're special!



    Donna

  11. #9
    Tiny Tim mrsmcelrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    I know some people in the past were talking about issues with MAC addresses... I will let the techies speak to this - Don't give up!
    Really? It would be nice if I could get it to work. I'm usually pretty tech savvy, but I just can't figure it out. I read somewhere that since the 1.3 update that there had problems connecting to Wi-fi with shared key WEP (that's what we use). I was thinking about going into the router and changing it, but I don't really want to have to change all our computers, printer, and Wii settings too. I've only had my Nook for a couple of weeks, maybe update 1.5 will fix the issue, 1.4 didn't
    Mandy

  12. #10
    Mad Hatter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,905

    Default Re: AT&T Wireless

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcelrath
    Really? It would be nice if I could get it to work. I'm usually pretty tech savvy, but I just can't figure it out. I read somewhere that since the 1.3 update that there had problems connecting to Wi-fi with shared key WEP (that's what we use). I was thinking about going into the router and changing it, but I don't really want to have to change all our computers, printer, and Wii settings too. I've only had my Nook for a couple of weeks, maybe update 1.5 will fix the issue, 1.4 didn't
    Go to the 'home' page of NOOK BOARDS and search on mac address... There are a number of posts there (including this one) - Maybe those will have something for ya'.

    Let me know or hopefully one of the Nook experts will pipe in.



    Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unique Use for Wireless
    By Klaatu in forum nook Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 01:27 AM
  2. Wireless Help
    By Darkstone in forum nook color/tablet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 01:30 AM
  3. Nook 3G Wireless Issue
    By jad in forum original nook
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
  4. Wireless file transfer
    By mostlymuppet in forum original nook
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
  5. Wireless Service
    By ksfarmgirl in forum original nook
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.0