B&N price adjustment????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default B&N price adjustment????

Hi. I just saw that B&N dropped their price this week and I bought my nook just over a week ago (actually recieved it a week ago today). I know I got the gift card with it so if they include that value then its really only $10 difference but I wondered if anyone had any information if B&N has price guareentees like Best Buy and such? I know you take a chance when you buy things that the price could drop any minute but most stores also have a 10-14 window at least and I couldn't find if B&N did or not so I thought I would ask here before I asked in the store or called.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: B&N price adjustment????

I would try it. My friend got her Kindle last yr before the price drop (when Nook was released) she was still in her trial period so she called Amazon and they sent her the difference. I guess they figured people who were still on trial would return and repurchase just for the lower price.

Tiny Tim

Thanks I saw a few people mention they got the $10 difference and that would be fine with me-that is a book!! I am going to give them a call...

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Good luck! $10 would be a book, right?

Best Buy has credited me the full $60

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyrolls
    Best Buy has credited me the full $60
    If I haven't said how AWESOME! that is, let me say it again...

A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E

!

Donna

I would definetly try for the full $60.00 difference even if you got the gist card. What would it hurt? If you get it great and if not at least you tried!

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    I would definetly try for the full $60.00 difference even if you got the gist card. What would it hurt? If you get it great and if not at least you tried!

Kevin
    Right... kalina, let us know what happened!

Donna

Tiny Tim

Well I called today and the girl said since I did get the $50 gc they were offering to send me an additional $10 ecertificate gift card so I said I would take that-it would buy a book! I recieved it this afternoon and promptly went online to order a book

Lucky to those who had Best Buy give them the full difference but I can't complain b/c I bought my nook with b&N gift cards which is why I bought it there (and I love B&N LOL)

songbird0918

Greetings everyone,

I bought my Nook at Best Buy in Puerto Rico. I was concerned because a lot of promotions offered in the U.S. are not honored here. I went to the store where I made my purchase and received $60 credit back to my account. Additionally, I received an extra $20 back because the price of the accident protection I purchased changed as well. The good thing for Best Buy is that I gave them some of the money back when I purchased the m-edge executive jacket in purple for my Nook. I'll let you know how I like it in a couple of weeks. I still have to purchase the light that I want.

My eyes have seen the glory of reading textbooks on my Nook!
    Happy reading friends...

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by songbird0918
    Greetings everyone,

I bought my Nook at Best Buy in Puerto Rico. I was concerned because a lot of promotions offered in the U.S. are not honored here. I went to the store where I made my purchase and received $60 credit back to my account. Additionally, I received an extra $20 back because the price of the accident protection I purchased changed as well. The good thing for Best Buy is that I gave them some of the money back when I purchased the m-edge executive jacket in purple for my Nook. I'll let you know how I like it in a couple of weeks. I still have to purchase the light that I want.

My eyes have seen the glory of reading textbooks on my Nook!
    Happy reading friends...
    Glad to hear the good news... I don't know of many here on NOOKBOARDS who are using their Nook for textbook reading.

If you have any good (open, not 'u' based) websites to share where they are sold, can you go ahead and post them? Tx!

Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast