Battery drainage issue resolved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Battery drainage issue resolved?

Wow if you have seen my any of my posts, i bought mynook on 7/15. My battery would last 3 days before getting message time to charge..

I exchanged my nook on 8/5/10 and this new one that I now have is still on 1st charge.... going on 5 days now and still at 38%.... could the battery drainage issue be resolved? I listen to audio when reading, I use wifi at home and it has been in sleep mode when not in use....
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: Battery drainage issue resolved?

interesting indeed.

Puck

How many reading hours per day?
    Reading Now: Hostile Intent
    Recently Finished: The Pawn

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran
    How many reading hours per day?
    With first one I was reading around 2 to 2.5 he's plus listening to audio files. Not much if u ask me but after 3 to 4 days I would be told time to charge (when left in sleep mode.)
    The day I bought my new one after charging loading my library all my music files and screensavers I read for over 2.5 hrs. When I woke up next morning after leaving in sleep mode. It still was at 97%. I read Friday 3 hrs Saturday 3.5 last night 2.5 hrs andhour at lunch today. I checked battery during lunch showed 38%!

Maybe my first battery was bad or maybe the corrected issue.

Tom Sawyer

OK just in case u are wondering.... still on first charge day 6 battery at 25%. Yeah nook!

I bought mine on 7/1 and I haven't noticed any battery issues. I get a solid 6 or 7 days out of it with heavy (2 hours a day minimum) reading. I think anyway...I don't charge it that often.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    I bought mine on 7/1 and I haven't noticed any battery issues. I get a solid 6 or 7 days out of it with heavy (2 hours a day minimum) reading. I think anyway...I don't charge it that often.
    Maybe I just had a bad battery or something... other people have reported that they were only getting 3 or 4 days before having to charge. and they thought it had to do with 1.4 update? I don't know but I will run this one down to 0% before charging again. so far it has been great. glad i exchanged my other one.

Tiny Tim

I wouldn't run it down to 0%, these batteries are not really designed to be fully discharged. You should charge more often than that. If you continually fully discharge your battery you could damage it, and then make your battery life worse.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skottiesgerl
    Maybe I just had a bad battery or something... other people have reported that they were only getting 3 or 4 days before having to charge. and they thought it had to do with 1.4 update? I don't know but I will run this one down to 0% before charging again. so far it has been great. glad i exchanged my other one.
    I agree with the previous poster, don't run it down to 0, I think it's recommended to charge it at 25%.. so that's what I'd go with. Glad to hear your battery life is going better! I've never had an issue with my battery but I'm sure it would be annoying, I think I will write down and keep track of how long it takes for my battery to drain and how I use it the next few days, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of "life" my battery is getting..
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Tom Sawyer

You are not alone. I got mine in December then had some annoying lines down my screen and sent it back for an exchange. Got the new one last Tuesday and have been reading a lot to catch up and my Nook is at 46%. I did hook it up to the computer twice but for a short time to sideload some other books. Not only that, the build feels a bit more sturdy with the back a more quality plastic that does not slip. Still want to buy that orange back, though. Hope its the same plastic as this one.

dale
    Reading Now: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft & The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan

[quote]Calvin: Hey Hobbes, what's a 'paper tiger'?
    Hobbes: It's like a paper boy. You know, a tiger with a newspaper route.
    Calvin: Oh... This book makes no sense at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast