I'm such a flake--Finally bought the WiFi Nook from Best Buy today

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    d'Artagnan

Default I'm such a flake--Finally bought the WiFi Nook from Best Buy today

and got the $25 gift card. Now I just have to wait until December to gift it to my kiddo, and hope she doesn't give me a reason not to give it to her!

But the best news, that there were TWO people there who were also buying the Nook, and they didn't even know about the gift card offer. Color me shocked. The customer service rep was racing back and forth trying to help us all.

I do wonder though why they decided to buy the Nook from Best Buy if they didn't know about the gift card offer, because our BN store is literally right across the parking lot from the Best Buy store. Hmmm...
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: I'm such a flake--Finally bought the WiFi Nook from Best Buy today

So, will you be able to hold off for the holidays?

Donna

d'Artagnan

Giving it to my daughter you mean? I think so. She and her friends got in trouble in school this past week for being rowdy and using foul language in the presence of teachers , so I'm a little peeved at her right now. She's a cheerleader, so she has her own motivations for keeping her grades up, but she knows that her scholarship AND citizenship grades will need to be excellent, or she's not getting the Nook.

It's sitting right here on my desk in plain view, with the gift card propped up against it, so she sees it every time she comes into my bedroom. Nice little reminder, I think.

Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Yep... I meant the daughter... Good for you Mom!

Donna

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSugarbaker
    I do wonder though why they decided to buy the Nook from Best Buy if they didn't know about the gift card offer, because our BN store is literally right across the parking lot from the Best Buy store. Hmmm...
    Maybe because Best Buy offers a 30 day return policy, instead of BN's 14 day policy?

Thing 2

te he, i gotta laugh at the foul languange in front of a teacher, as you all know i'm a sailor outside of this forum was in highschool too and i always managed to get the cool teachers, i had ONE teacher in highschool that didn't agree with my mouth, i failed her class and took english again, LOL!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Tiny Tim

I purchased a nook from Best Buy yesterday and was told that the reader had only a 14 day return policy. The 30 day return policy didn't apply for this item.

Mad Hatter

@ luvshihtzu: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS!

Donna

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by luvshihtzu
    I purchased a nook from Best Buy yesterday and was told that the reader had only a 14 day return policy. The 30 day return policy didn't apply for this item.
    I purchased mine from Best Buy on August 30. The guy told me 30 days. I just looked at the back of my receipt and it says 14 days for desktop and laptop computers, monitors,projectors,camcorders,digital cameras, and radar detectors. 30 days for all other products.

Puck

That's interesting! Didn't know that, had just seen a lot of people say the return policy was longer there. As it turned out, the Best Buy didn't have the WiFi models hubby and I wanted as in store stock, so we ended up getting ours from BN.

Either way, we were going to do the hour+ drive up to the Tri-Cities to look at the various readers between Target's offerings and BN. Neither the Kindle or Sony displays at Target excited us, though at least the Sony display let you actually work with the reader. The Kindle display was just a kind of rotating wallpaper covering the features. BN definitely had the best display, where you could handle and operate the reader to get a feel for it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast