I Sold a Nook

Thread: I Sold a Nook

Administrator

Default I Sold a Nook

One of my co-workers knows that I have a Kindle so he came up to me to ask about them as he wanted to buy one for his wife. He mentioned that his wife would probably be sharing her books with her sister. I told him that I love my Kindle, but it's sharing capabilities aren't great since each book can only be put on 6 devices before you have to rebuy, so after a few upgrades, this could become a pain. I told him the nook, which he had never heard of, has no limit like this. I also explained that they could buy books from more places, and that because of the android base it could have some fun potential down the line (or now if they want to hack it). He had actually already ordered the new Kindle online, but since it was back ordered he mentioned he could still cancel it. I told him I had started a website for the nook (which of course I felt like such a dork saying LOL) and gave him the site. He came back a few days later and said he ended up canceling his Kindle order and ordered the nook. He ordered it online and had it in 3 days!! Woo-hoo!! Another nook user in the world!!

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Default Re: I Sold a Nook

That is cool... If he ever posts, tell him to mention the connection and we'll warmly welcome him to the club/cult/group and April & Amber will be there with the funny 'juice'.

Donna

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wdblevin
    That is cool... If he ever posts, tell him to mention the connection and we'll warmly welcome him to the club/cult/group and April & Amber will be there with the funny 'juice'.
    Hmmm well i do work with him, maybe I better not introduce you guys to him ....

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

That is true, we might just scare him!

Donna

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Hmmm well i do work with him, maybe I better not introduce you guys to him ....

LOL you can just say that you opened the site and just had no clue we would become members

congratz on another new nook in the world though, that's awesome! I think nook is selling great mostly because of word of mouth, and being able to see it (functionally) in-stores is awesome too. I mean you think about it, Kindle has been out WAYYY longer, has WAYYYY more commercial air time (because theyve bought it) and just came out with a brand new model that is getting a lot of attention.. and yet nook is still in there competing. That is awesome to me, and just another confirmation that the nook is here to stay!!
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Mad Hatter

My hair isn't long enough to be considered Beatle-like!

Donna

Thing 2

nooooooo it'll beee fiiiiiiiiiiiine :evillaugh: whoops was that outloud??!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Mowgli

B&N should be giving you commission.

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    One of my co-workers knows that I have a Kindle so he came up to me to ask about them as he wanted to buy one for his wife. He mentioned that his wife would probably be sharing her books with her sister. I told him that I love my Kindle, but it's sharing capabilities aren't great since each book can only be put on 6 devices before you have to rebuy, so after a few upgrades, this could become a pain.
    Just wanted to point out that this isn't true anymore - a book can only be on six devices (more or less depending on the publisher, but 6 is the default) at a time. If you delete a book from a device, that frees it up to go on another one. A change Amazon had to make when they started adding more platforms (iPhones, iPads, PC/Mac, etc) - not to mention upgrades.

Hope your friend enjoys his nook! Wish we could get credits for these things - I know I've sold a few Kindles, and might end up selling a nook or two as well.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Meemo
    Just wanted to point out that this isn't true anymore - a book can only be on six devices (more or less depending on the publisher, but 6 is the default) at a time. If you delete a book from a device, that frees it up to go on another one. A change Amazon had to make when they started adding more platforms (iPhones, iPads, PC/Mac, etc) - not to mention upgrades.

Hope your friend enjoys his nook! Wish we could get credits for these things - I know I've sold a few Kindles, and might end up selling a nook or two as well.
    Oh that's interesting I hadn't realized they made that change! (I haven't been plugged in to the Kindle world for a while). Thanks for the info though, that is good to know for sure!

Rachel