Harry Potter ebooks in January?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Harry Potter ebooks in January?

Someone on another chatboard I'm on told me that they were talking to the Nook person in their local BN and the Nook guy said that JKR finally approved them and they will be available in January. But I can't find anything on google, just wondering if anyone else heard anything like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Harry Potter ebooks in January?

I just "requested" these in ebook on B&N earlier this week! I so can't wait, I haven't read ANY of them! So if it's true, yay!

I found this on google: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/11...ter-books.html

Tom Sawyer

It would already be all over the internet at this point if it were true.

But I'd love to be wrong...

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    I just "requested" these in ebook on B&N earlier this week! I so can't wait, I haven't read ANY of them! So if it's true, yay!

I found this on google: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/11...ter-books.html
    I'm reminded of what one of the B&N nook kiosk people had told me at least a year ago, before the original nook came out. He's like: Oh, you can bet JKR is considering the ebook market, too. She's playing coy for the money--it isn't really about pirates or plagarism, but money. When the right deal comes along, she'll go for it.

Well--regardless of the reasons for finally considering jumping into the ebook fray, I'd love to see the HP books out as ebooks. And devices like nook are just what the doctor ordered for HP, where you're not just dealing with several books in a series, but they get more and more sizable as the series goes on. Instead of picking one of the HP books to carry with you to work or school, or stuffing all the books in the series into a backpack if you really wanted to carry them all with you, you can carry all the books in the series in one slim device instead. Fabulous!

Well her being coy, or waiting for the right deal has lost her at least one sale. I wanted to reread the series before the HP7p1 movie came out, and I was unwilling to have to deal with my DTBs. Since I actually owned the series I had no reservations in finding them by alternate methods. I have a feeling that what I have now will probably be better than whatever is initially released as far as eBook quality is concerned.

I've already repurchased books that I have in DTB because I wanted to reread them before reading a new release in the series, so I have no doubt I would have purchased these had they been available. Perfect example of "you snooze, you loose".

d'Artagnan

I'm guessing it isn't a coinky-dink that this article came out shortly after the iPad came out. They will probably be "enhanced" eBooks with video, etc - like the newspapers in the HP movies with the moving photos. Of course hopefully there'll also be plain ol' vanilla versions too, for those of us with eInk readers.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03
    Please notice that the article is almost 6 months old...

Tom Sawyer

I would buy all 7 immediately if they came out in ebook, even though I have all 7 in hardcover.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    I would buy all 7 immediately if they came out in ebook, even though I have all 7 in hardcover.
    So would I. I have all 7 in hardback, paperback, and audio versions... plus extra copies of various books because nobody was willing to share on release day so we had to buy 2 or 3. I have no problem paying for an ebook version as well..

Mowgli

I have all 7 books in DTB.. starting with book 4 I've bought them and started reading them on their release day.

...but I also have them all on my nook as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast