Firmware 1.5 negatives

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Firmware 1.5 negatives

Well I guess it had to happen. I've heard a few people complaining about the Shelves not being all they wanted, and some mixed reports of bar swiping missing, But I hit something last night that got me a little miffed.

I was reading a book in a series, and there were constantly references to something that I just didn't remember so I went back to the cover page to make sure I didn't miss a book. After seeing that I had not missed a book, I went to hit Goto->Furthest Read Point...

What do you mean it's not there???? I hadn't paid one lick of attention to where I was in the book because I knew this feature was there.

I looked around a little to make sure they didn't move it, and since this was a library book I checked to see if it was still available on a B&N book, no dice there.

Why on earth would they remove this feature? I'd been thinking they needed a way to reset it, since it wouldn't be useful on rereads, but to take it away???

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: Firmware 1.5 negatives

My friend has my Nook 1 so I haven't seen the update yet. On my Nook Color there's a banner type thing at the top of the screen that tells what book your are currently reading and if you touch that it goes to your last page reading. Is there something like that on the update?

Well, there's always been the "reading now" icon, and that takes you to the last book read, but it still take you to whatever page that you were on when you left the book.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I think it's because they replaced it with the "Last page saved on BN.com" feature if you have syncing on. It also shows what page you're on when you go back to the list of books, even in My Documents.
    Currently reading:
    Poison by Sara Poole

Quote Originally Posted by CAFlanny
    I think it's because they replaced it with the "Last page saved on BN.com" feature if you have syncing on. It also shows what page you're on when you go back to the list of books, even in My Documents.
    That may be, but syncing is not available for books in "My Documents" so that feature is completely removed for them. Also the page display in the list still only shows whatever page you exit the book from, not the furthest page you've been.

Tom Sawyer

Oh no! Maybe it was a mistake? I hope they fix it quickly!

Mr. Darcy

i too also miss the "last page read" option

Tom Sawyer

Default No negatives here

No negatives here- my nook is working flawlessly

Puck

My nook was freezing after the update, but it seems to have improved with another reboot. It had me worried there for a bit. But otherwise, not disappointed and not dancing a jig over the update.

Oliver

Well, I am underwhelmed. I have a LOT of pdf technical files that I would love to have on my e-reader. In fact, pdf support was one of the main reasons to get and e-reader. That along with having no more room for books in my house! I was hoping for improvement in this area, but alas, it seems like a Kindle 3 for me! Faster page turns....not a big deal. Screen does look a little better, that is nice. But really, I believe that the Nook classic is a dead end as far as features are concerned. I am convinced that it is a good as it gets. Again, no landscape, no pdf improvements = kindle 3.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast