Cover needed?

Thread: Cover needed?

tyler922

Default Cover needed?

I have recently got some Christmas money and I have saw the nook before.I like to read and I need something to do in my spare time so I am going to try to buy a NOOK WIFI+3G Saturday.First of all do I need a NOOK cover?I don't know if I do because I am not getting the NOOK Color.My most important question is:do I have to pay a monthly bill to use the 3G for the nook?I am really excited about getting the NOOK!

Nice to meet you all,
    Ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mowgli

Default Re: Cover needed?

The 3G connection with the Nook is free.

As for a cover, depends on how you use it. I prefer to keep mine in a basic hard cover because I carry it in my purse throughout the day and I don't want it getting damaged. There are a lot of options. If you want to hold it without a cover on it, you could always get a sleeve-type case just for traveling.

Tom Sawyer

Tyler922, welcome to the Nook boards. I believe you need a cover whether you have the original nook OR a Nook Color. The most important reason is because it protects your investment. As posted, the 3G is Free. Enjoy your Nook and happy reading.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

@ tyler922: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS. I love reading my Nook in my cover. Actually, I just got my second cover after having my Nook for just over 11 months. I love the book feel of the Nook inside its protection.

Donna

tyler922

Okay thanks!I will try to get a cover within a few months.I will only be reading at home and possibly at McDonald's

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by tyler922
    Okay thanks!I will try to get a cover within a few months.I will only be reading at home and possibly at McDonald's
    All my spills on or near my Nook and Nook falls have happened at home... On the otherhand, I am a klutz so I got my cover before I got my Nook.

Donna

Tom Sawyer

I have two Nook covers and I don't really use them much because I prefer to hold the Nook bare than holding a cover that holds a Nook. Another option is a Nook case which you slip the Nook in when bringing it from different places or when not in use and protecting it. There are many people on Nookboards who made them and sell them. Go to the Nook Knacks forum and you will find many cool covers.
    Reading Now: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft & The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan

[quote]Calvin: Hey Hobbes, what's a 'paper tiger'?
    Hobbes: It's like a paper boy. You know, a tiger with a newspaper route.
    Calvin: Oh... This book makes no sense at all.

d'Artagnan

I'd like to throw a new suggestion into the mix Today at BN I was looking at the 30% off covers and found some for 50% off! They look like the silicone sleeves but are made of vinyl so they shouldn't attract dust and lint like the others. I bought one in a nice blue color and it fits the nook very firmly and feels very thin to hold (for those of you who like to nook naked )

Tom Sawyer

I just saw your post over on kindleboards - did you ever get your nook?