I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to it...

I actually purchases a Nook Color. When I was back in BN I Was talking to another employee (nook) who mentioned that I CANNOT DOWNLOAD any BN books if I am out of the country...Wifi or computer directly. This is very important to me as I spend alot of time abroad.

I have gotten conflicting answers everywhere, and other agents simply don't know...I have searched online and also get different answers.

Can someone here, preferably an agent from BN, clarify this and sign their name to it.? I Also want to know if I am going to be charged a premium if I do so (assuming it can).

I would appreciate an answer, because I can return it if need be, and someone else can buy it as a gift for xmas instead of me holding it up.

I loved the NC..but it needs to carry out my purpose.

My other option is to buy a Kindle and wait for an ipad or something later in the year...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to i

I am not a BN employee but I do know that you can't order from BN from an overseas computer address. I have many friends in the military who would love a nook but choose Kindle because of that reason. there are ways to get books on your nook or NC even if you are overseas. I believe that involves other people in the states helping you though.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210#
    http://cheapereads.blogspot.com/

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to it...

I was told by a Band N sales agent that he downloaded books while in Ireland. But I have not done it so I only can report what I have been told. He also said that he had to have a CC with a US mailing address.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to i

Thanks..I have a US address (house), credit card, I am here now, I have bought it..I just want no surprises and I kind of resent that I cannot get a straight answer from them.....One of them told me to download everything I wanted before I go...Right..I have no time for that...

See..let's see if they get an answer here.....

Default Re: I need a correct answer from someone who is willing to sign their name to it...

Page 89 of the Nookcolor user guide is about what you can or cannot do while abroad. You can't purchase new books from B&N while abroad, but this is what it says about previously purchased content...

Using Your NOOKcolor Abroad

• Downloading previously purchased items: You can download previously purchased items to your NOOKcolor
    from anywhere that you have a Wi-Fi hotspot that your NOOKcolor can use.

Puck

Exactly. You can if you already purchased OR if you have U.S. email, and Credit card with U.S. address and the same thing on your B& N account. THEN if you want to have someone here in the U.S. have access to your account and with your instruction to purchase NOOKbooks on your account, when you have wifi access the books then will download to the device.
    RMO
    store#2808

Mowgli

If you have your personal laptop with you, I would think you should still be able to check out library books or buy books from other online places. You just need to sideload everything. I would think with a US address and Credit Card and your own personal laptop you should be able to do a lot with your Nook Color anywhere. I have never tried it but I don't see what difference it would make to your library account if you borrow books on your own account anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky
    Page 89 of the Nookcolor user guide is about what you can or cannot do while abroad. You can't purchase new books from B&N while abroad, but this is what it says about previously purchased content...

Using Your NOOKcolor Abroad

• Downloading previously purchased items: You can download previously purchased items to your NOOKcolor
    from anywhere that you have a Wi-Fi hotspot that your NOOKcolor can use.
    This is the correct answer. B&N does not allow you to purchase eBooks directly from a Nook or Nook Color if you are out of the US. You can, though, download previously purchased eBooks at any time. I have direct personal experience with this. You also can not purchase any eBooks from a computer unless you use a VPN connection to a server in the US.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Thing 2

michael one of our mods has some really good experience with this if i'm not mistaken.
    however i can say with 100% certainty you cannot purchase books abroad.

even with US credit card and US address you still cannot

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

hehehe great minds michael!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast