Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10 - Page 2

View Poll Results: What is your impression of nook color?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll

49 37.69%

32 24.62%

31 23.85%

7 5.38%

2 1.54%

3 2.31%

4 3.08%

0 0%

0 0%

2 1.54%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default Re: Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10

LOVE my Nook Color! I can't believe I chastised my DH for purchasing it for me.
    I use it 90% for reading and just check my Facebook once in a while. I also have an Android phone, so found it very user friendly. Am looking forward to getting additional features, such as calendar, when/if BN comes out with the app store they've mentioned.
    The color photos in cookbooks are great! I also have a craft magazine or two that have photos and layouts that show up well.
    The battery life doesn't bother me. I rarely read for more than an hour at a time and I charge it every 3-4 days whether it needs it or not.
    I did load some music onto it, but haven't ever utilized it and don't really see myself using that feature. And I've played one game of soduku on it, just because I could.
    I wish BN would offer better website for the Nook and more free books (like Kindle), but once I learned how to sideload library books I was okay with the lack of freebies.
    I would recommend the Nook Color for any big reader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieGator
    I gave it an 8 for a couple of reasons.

1. It's a first generation device. The device will have growing pains for the first generation or two
    2. It was not complete, it needed a bit of work to make it a 10 (rooting the Nook)
    3. Battery life (only 8 hours)
    4. No 3G

Now for the TON of positives:

1. Color reading! This is a dream come true for me! I read books with lots of graphs and charts and I am able to use the nook to see all of the charts and graphs that explain a concept.
    2. Web links in books - click on the web link and the nook takes you to the web page it is referencing. Awesome
    3. The Apps - look much better in color
    4. Web browsing - I don't need a data plan for it and I can use it wherever there is Wi-Fi
    5. Brightness adjustments and adjustments to the text (backgrounds, fonts and font size adjustments)
    6. Magazines look MUCH better!
    7. Cookbooks and Craft books look just like the print edition.
    8. Public library access
    9. Ease of use - very intuitive
    10. Try before you buy - between the book samples and being able to read a book for an hour at a B&N store, this gives you a really good idea if you want to buy the book.

I have LOVED my Nook Color. I have only had one technical issue with it and it was a problem on the B&N end not a problem with my Nook. (problem with a magazine not opening up). This has been a wonderful e-reader for me and I will use it for a long time!
    huge positive, who read this should hurry to get it one

Tom Sawyer

What's not to like? I've been using it as a reader and general web browser. I loaded a dozen of my favorite movies, some songs and some pictures. Everyone who sees it wants one.

I love encountering an unfamiliar word and being able to look it up on the Nook, on Wikipedia or on Google instantly.

The screen resolution and color rendition is amazing. I subscribe to National Geographic and the pictures are stunning.

I was considering an eReader and am grateful that my wife decided on getting me the NOOKColor for Christmas.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.'

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

I rate my NookColor a 10 for these reasons:

• Outstanding color display. Serves as a digital photo frame.
    • I can listen to music while reading or web browsing.
    • Make notes in the book margins.
    • Battery life: 2 full days @ work listing to mp3's and web browsing or book reading each Night!

This is my first touch device (tablet/e-reader).

Bp61

Tiny Tim

I gave it a 4. I loved it at first however, I've gone through 5 all from manufacturing defects and my latest one not only loses sound, flickers, but it also has a yellow band on the top and side. If I could return it, I would.

d'Artagnan

I like my NC a lot. Still it is barely an 8 to me. Even tho it is a 1st gen device.
    I read above that a rooted NC with the cellphone specific services shut off has a better battery life. SHAME on you B&N for not having it shut off, why not? Does it affect wifi?
    And like another respondent, I went looking for books in a shelf and they were gone! I thought I had done something wrong, apparently not, as it turns out.
    Have not had any problems with a back lit screen and love the color, most of the reason I bought it!
    But it is buggy. I have a couple of books on my memory card and when I tap the reading now a previous book comes up and when I finally get what I want it starts at the cover page and not where I had left off.
    But I am glad I got it and am looking forward to the next software update.
    MikFinkel

Tiny Tim

Hello nook users. I give the nook color a 9. I used a classic nook and you read about it in the "Your opinion of nook classic reader". Well, the NC is what I needed to read the bible the way I read the bible and it was perfect. I told me friends this is the unit to buy. I am looking forward to the next version in the next months.

I gave it a 9 because there are some problems I hope in the next version will fix some of them. This is the first version.

So problems I see are for now for me are:

1. There is no "The Daily" folder as on the classic nook. I looked forward to reading from B&N every day, and it is cool to see what is free on Fridays.

2. In settings, the back button on some of the settings does not work.

3. In wallpaper, I have downloaded some photos, make a wallpaper, it is sharp in the gallery and on the home page it is a very, very soft photo.

4. I play Sudoko a lot. After 2-3 minutes the green box freezes. I have to pause the game, go back in and it works for a few minutes and it freezes again.

These are nits for what the NC does. I like it alot.

Joe

Oliver

I Love my nook color though a few quirks I do not like and find very annoying....one, the inability of being able to delete sample books out of your library. The inability after downloading what the user guide states as recognizable video and music files for them not to read or play. very frustrating cause now I don't know if I have to reformat to get those off my nook. The books I have purchased I would like to lock to prevent being erased but there is no feature on that. The sample books, I want off but there is no way to get them off now. also some screen issues and a few times it locked up or turned back on after told it to turn off completely.

Mad Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by JEck
    The sample books, I want off but there is no way to get them off now.
    @ JEck: Welcome to NOOKBOARDS. Don't know if you saw the answer to your question: https://www.nookboards.com/forum/inde...67.0;topicseen

Donna

Mr. Darcy

I love my Nook color! I had a hard time connecting to my wifi originally but once I did it was fine. It also connects better in certain parts of the house than others but so does my Kindle 3G. Since I have gotten the NC I have sold my Nook 3G and I havent touched my Kindle at all. I would sell the Kindle too if I didnt have so many books on it I havent read and no way to transfer them to the Nook. I love reading magazines on it and love that it is backlit. I dont care about e-ink. I feel it looks dull after reading on NC and I dont have a problem with my eyes at all after reading on NC for a long time. I give it a 9 due to the connection issues.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast