Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10 - Page 3

View Poll Results: What is your impression of nook color?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll

49 37.69%

32 24.62%

31 23.85%

7 5.38%

2 1.54%

3 2.31%

4 3.08%

0 0%

0 0%

2 1.54%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by Lisar0228
    I love my Nook color! I had a hard time connecting to my wifi originally but once I did it was fine. It also connects better in certain parts of the house than others but so does my Kindle 3G. Since I have gotten the NC I have sold my Nook 3G and I havent touched my Kindle at all. I would sell the Kindle too if I didnt have so many books on it I havent read and no way to transfer them to the Nook. I love reading magazines on it and love that it is backlit. I dont care about e-ink. I feel it looks dull after reading on NC and I dont have a problem with my eyes at all after reading on NC for a long time. I give it a 9 due to the connection issues.
    But the connection issue is probably your router. It might help if you bought a router with dual antenna system with a little more boost.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

I went 9 because nothing is perfect, but for a 1st gen device it's amazing! My main issues are not with the NC but with B&N. B&N should move faster on getting NC OS to 2.2/3 so I can un-root my device and use it as the budget tablet it truly is. As a eReader w/o eInk it is still a pleasure to read from

Sooo, I love my original Nook, but when I thought I had lost it for good, I was considering the NC.
    Buuut...
    Some of my worries are-

1) I read a LOT. How is it on the eyes?? I stare at a computer screen 8 hours a day Monday-Friday, and I feel that reading at home on the NC might just push me over the edge on my eyes.

2)We drive to a city quite often, and the 3 hour drive is always a good reading session with my Original Nook and light and position myself so the light doesn't bother the driver. But, is the brightness going to effect the driver when we're driving at night?

3) Battery life. Again- reading for hours on end, do you guys get interrupted with the battery dying?

4) It seems that EVERYTIME I buy some kind of electronic device, a month later, a new, bigger, better version comes out. Is there a way to know if B&N are coming out with a newer one?

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kwright99
    1) I read a LOT. How is it on the eyes?? I stare at a computer screen 8 hours a day Monday-Friday, and I feel that reading at home on the NC might just push me over the edge on my eyes.
    As has been discussed a lot on NB eye strain is not something that someone else can tell you whether you will experience it or not. It is a completely individual thing. The only way you can determine if you will get eye strain reading for long periods on the NC is to simply do it. I know that's not the answer you want but that's really the only answer there is.

2)We drive to a city quite often, and the 3 hour drive is always a good reading session with my Original Nook and light and position myself so the light doesn't bother the driver. But, is the brightness going to effect the driver when we're driving at night?
    Again, the answer to this question can only be really determined by doing it.

4) It seems that EVERYTIME I buy some kind of electronic device, a month later, a new, bigger, better version comes out. Is there a way to know if B&N are coming out with a newer one?
    This is really something that, in my opinion, folks just need to stop worrying about. Just because a newer model comes out doesn't mean the one you own will stop working. Technology advances all the time, and new models are introduced. Buy what suits your needs and wants now; if a new model comes out what you bought will still suit your needs and wants.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu

Again, the answer to this question can only be really determined by doing it.
    Yes. I realize that I'm not going to be the same as anyone else in vision, or the drivers opinions on whether or not the light is too bright. Thanks.
    But a personal opinion is always helpful!

If I had a B&N in my town, I'd just go there and try the NC first hand. Seeing as how I don't have one, and when I drive to the city that does, I usually don't have any spare time, and we decide as a group to what we should do when we do find that spare time. With that, I am usually out numbered and B&N is dropped down on the list of our priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    This is really something that, in my opinion, folks just need to stop worrying about. Just because a newer model comes out doesn't mean the one you own will stop working. Technology advances all the time, and new models are introduced. Buy what suits your needs and wants now; if a new model comes out what you bought will still suit your needs and wants.
    And....
    Yes, I know that the device won't quit working. Thanks.
    But, I could spend 250 dollars on a device with small "first generation errors". Then a week later have a device available without those issues. It's very annoying when this happens.
    Yes, the original device will suite my needs but I'd rather not have the regret of not waiting a week to get those needs met.

Yes. I realize that I'm not going to be the same as anyone else in vision, or the drivers opinions on whether or not the light is too bright. Thanks.
    But a personal opinion is always helpful!

If I had a B&N in my town, I'd just go there and try the NC first hand. Seeing as how I don't have one, and when I drive to the city that does, I usually don't have any spare time, and we decide as a group to what we should do when we do find that spare time. With that, I am usually out numbered and B&N is dropped down on the list of our priorities.
    So you don't have a B&N but do you have a Walmart? or a Best Buy? B&N is not the only distributor.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

And....
    Yes, I know that the device won't quit working. Thanks.
    But, I could spend 250 dollars on a device with small "first generation errors". Then a week later have a device available without those issues. It's very annoying when this happens.
    Yes, the original device will suite my needs but I'd rather not have the regret of not waiting a week to get those needs met.
    In general most "first generation errors" that people worry about are software errors. Very rarely is hardware the problem. So by the time the next device is released these "first generation errors" have been corrected in software updates and any hardware issues have been corrected by replacing the hardware. So I stand by my original suggestion to buy the device that suits your desires now. Since the Nook Color was just introduced in November, about 3 months ago it is unlikely that B&N will be releasing a new model so soon.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

After rereading my comments, I am sorry if I sounded snippy

Kevin- we do have a Walmart. I'll have to go look over there, the last time I was there they only had Original Nooks. But it's been awhile since I've been there. I had completely forgot that Walmart even had them.

Michael- Was it really only in November that it came out? Crazy. Thanks for your help.

Michael- Was it really only in November that it came out? Crazy. Thanks for your help.
    Yep, it was just a couple months ago the Nook Color was released.

Regards,
    Michael
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast