Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10 - Page 6

View Poll Results: What is your impression of nook color?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll

49 37.69%

32 24.62%

31 23.85%

7 5.38%

2 1.54%

3 2.31%

4 3.08%

0 0%

0 0%

2 1.54%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Your opinion of nook color! Rate 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by sommersed
    Compared to Amazon Kindle, the B & N web site is VERY difficult to use, and I've had trouble opening some books.

Or, in short, it sucks

Ed
    Ed are you referring to their website or access to the store through the Nook Color? I have never once had a problem finding books using their store on the Nook Color nor even on their website for that matter. What exactly is your complaint? Perhaps you are not doing something right and it's more of a user problem.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Oliver

I love my Nook Color. However, I did rate it 8. One problem I have is when I click in the box to fill it out, it opens up the closest choice near it. I make my screen larger and very carefully press only the box but it still happens sometime ; I have problems syncing Nook for PC and my Nook. I deleted some books on Nook for pc as instructed, synced it- the books were gone from Nook for pc, but were still on my nook. There are a few other smallish but annoying problems.

One problem I have that a is when I turn my wifi on, I only get one dot and sometimes one more bar. I've been side by side with my friend and hers gets all the bars. I've had my Nook almost a month and am thinking I may take it back and see what the problem is.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Ramon

kit
    Tiny Tim

I have to give the NC a 10 for an ereader. It has literally transformed my reading experiences. I have also found it to be quite simple to use and set up. I had initially bought a Kindle, but when I saw the NC, I knew I made the wrong choice for myself so I returned it and never looked back. My initial reason for buying an ereader was to have all of my books in one device instead of on my bedside table or on my overflowing bookshelves. However, the big selling points were touch screen technology, the fact that I can change font sizes and layouts and read in the dark/low light, and download a book in seconds. Now I love my brick and mortar B&N and I do visit monthly, however, this is just really convenient. I also like the fact that you can download a book sample without commitment. I think the most amazing thing about NC is that you can root it and have full access to android market if you choose. For 250.00 you get a full blown tablet. Now that sure as heck beats paying the price for an iPad, not to mention, portability.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

I love my Nook color. I have now had it for a month and have CM7 on an sd card, so I could access the apps on Android market, but I even love the stock OS. I don't go anywhere without it and have had many people ask about the it and have converted many to the Nook. Almost everyone in our family have Nooks now.

Oliver

Oliver

My nook color, well its not mine now i gave it to a friend. Problems, problems and more problems. Glitch after glitch after glitch. It would change pages on its own not re spawn to my touch. I have a nook smiple touch now. No problems.......................................... .....yet.
    Dont get me started on nook support.
    Oh i gave it a one

Oliver

I have to say that I really love my Nook Color.Now that my commute to work has changed,it gives me more reading time when I'm not at work.I've only had it for two months now but,I am a fan.The books & magazines look incredible.I try to recommend it to anyone that asks.

Tiny Tim

I love my Nook Color and I love my Nook Tablet even more. Compared to the Kindle Fire - the Nook devices look and feel so much more professional.

Oliver

Mine's the tablet (the color's big brother, really, mostly the same.) I've had it about a year now.

Plusses:
    Just the right size, IMHO, for books.
    Can customize somewhat (the default bright-white screen was a bit irritating, turned it into... about "old paper tan," I guess.)
    Fairly easy to get apps
    Fairly fast
    Decent battery life with wifi off.
    Easier to type on than a smartphone thanks to its size.

Minuses:
    Since it uses the B&N store and not the Android store - some apps I'd like to see aren't there. (Yes, I know, some you can sideload, etc.)
    For magazines... it's the wrong size. I'm really not fond of the way magazines are handled on it.
    There are times it's "too small" - for me, that's going to be web pages and the like, but on the other hand, that's (a) personal preference and (b) secondary.
    *MUST* charge with the Nook's cord... standard USB doesn't work (and can't charge from a PC/laptop.)

As mentioned, I've had mine for about a year. I actually got it when I was having to run my mom to the hospital and back to deal with chemo and the like - hauling regular books around got to be a bit clumsy. (Especially compared to some of what I hauled around - the Foundation trilogy, some of the Wheel of Time hardbacks.... not small!) The nook's app store pretty much made the nook pay for itself with the doctor visits - I didn't have a smartphone (and, honestly, forget mine half the time anyway,) but I had my nook and my books... and then, while in the waiting room, downloaded an app to take notes so I could pass along what was happening to the rest of the family, get questions for the doctor, take down what he was saying, etc. Having *used* my (current) smartphone (Galaxy III) ... the nook's still better at taking notes for me. (I don't have small hands.)

The utility of it pretty much made it something I always carried with me, even more than having a (fairly rapidly growing) collection of books at my fingertips.

(As far as the prior question about what I use the Nook for... these days, probably 75-80% reading, 10-15% various games, the rest utility, looking stuff up online when I'm not at home, etc.)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456