Apparently Nooks are ok to drink Beer

Tom Sawyer

Default Apparently Nooks are ok to drink Beer

Sooo I go away to Hilton Head South Carolina for my first girls weekend. I took my Nookie along because i knew there would be some down time and I could enjoy a good book. Well We go out for a night on the town and come back to relaxe. I am soo excited to finish a book i have been reading. I go take a shower and get into my comfy pj's pour a cup of coffee and reach into my purse which is unzipped to get my "NOOKIE", when I do my hand is submerged in liquid.... .I Begin to freak out... someone has tipped a full 12 oz bottle of beer into my purse. I have a droid cell phone, a cannon elf digital camera, a Nintendo DS, and my nook which is sitting inside a neoprin sleeve. I scream, tip over my purse while yelling profanities!!!!!! I am not worried about my phone or my camera or even my $300.00 Brahmin purse...NO I am worried about my 6 month old Nook that took me 2 years to get!!!!!

Well of course no one will admit to spilling the beer so I start cleaning and wiping it down with a hand towel that has a little water on it. I take the back off, let it dry... (By the way I didn't get to drink my coffee or have a relaxing night.. ) Anyway I have had to replace my phone, my purse still stinks like beer, the camera can be a little iffy BUT LET ME TELL YOU THE NOOKIE IS A TROOPER !!!!!! Not one problem with it. ( i did purchase the insurance on it so I could have exchanged it no problem, but since it was fine I haven't.......So does that mean the Nook likes beer?????? I have no idea but it is one tough cookie! I love my nookie

Now let me be clear...NO they should not drink beer!!!!!!!!
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Apparently Nooks are ok to drink Beer

I think it's more likely that your nookie does not like to imbibe and thus was spared the hangover and more!

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ktrek
    I think it's more likely that your nookie does not like to imbibe and thus was spared the hangover and more!

Kevin
    Thank goodness.... lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Some day, someone is going to make a horror movie along these lines. I was freaking out just reading what happened to you!!! Of course the neoprene sleeve is basically made of the same stuff diving suits are made of so it makes sense that it would be protective of your nook. I am so glad everything worked out for your nook. Today my kids were talking about stuff to rescue in a fire. My son said 'of course you would save your nook' and I said 'yep, right after I saved the two of you' and my daughter said 'but what about your phone and purse?' and I just shrugged and said 'whatever, I can always get another one'

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by nookreader654
    Some day, someone is going to make a horror movie along these lines. I was freaking out just reading what happened to you!!! Of course the neoprene sleeve is basically made of the same stuff diving suits are made of so it makes sense that it would be protective of your nook. I am so glad everything worked out for your nook. Today my kids were talking about stuff to rescue in a fire. My son said 'of course you would save your nook' and I said 'yep, right after I saved the two of you' and my daughter said 'but what about your phone and purse?' and I just shrugged and said 'whatever, I can always get another one'
    I thought the neoprin sleeves would protect better than it did, because the nook was not dry. It wasn't drunk of course but it was a bit tipsy. I did have to take the back off and clean it up dry it off etc. But no problems.. I did have to buy a new cover though. that was definitely ruined. I had one of the MEdge zip up sleeves. I ended up getting the new cover I wanted all along (Green leather book quote a good book is the best of friends..) and then for more protection I bought an I pad sleeve. So my nook sits inside the green cover and the green cover sits inside the I pad sleeve inside my purse. now I feel tripple protected.....

Puck

Wow - really dodged a bullet this time. Glad to here everything worked out!!!!!

Mad Hatter

You gave me heart palpitations reading what happened... skottiesgerl, I am so glad your Nook was okay!

Donna

Puck

So glad Nookie is okay! I felt a little sick reading your story, because I carry my nook, phone, and camera everywhere in my purse, too. And I'm going on a girls' weekend in a couple of weeks (to New Orleans)...I will have to remember to lock my nook in the safe before any drinking commences.
    Currently Reading: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
    Just finished: House of Night series

Yes, the Nook probably likes beer, or Barnes and Noble did something amazing, and make the Nook completely INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!
    I am me in a more literal sense.

Be sure to look out for the Eastern Diamondback Rattle Sparrow.

Puck

holy crap id be tying people to chairs and making them talk . Im so glad that the baby is ok
    So ready for this to be the end, for this to be the twilight of your life, though your life has barely started. You’re ready to give up everything. - Edward Cullen