New nook? - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New nook?

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: New nook?

This is looking to be even more awesome. Since I have a Nintendo DS I have several extra styluses (styli?) around the house. I like that I can just snag one and store it in the bag with my nook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by asawi
    Since it's IR technology you can use pretty much anything. I use a Q-tip on my Sony.
    A Q-tip sounds genius, to be honest. Less likely to scratch, with the dual purpose of cleaning it!

Puck

The screen on the NC will sometimes go bonkers without a screen protector so I can imagine the new nook touch screen may do the same. Personally, my touch devices are all screen protected. Less fingerprints, glare, and worry over damage.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210#
    http://cheapereads.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by akfloyd
    The screen on the NC will sometimes go bonkers without a screen protector so I can imagine the new nook touch screen may do the same. Personally, my touch devices are all screen protected. Less fingerprints, glare, and worry over damage.
    I'm hoping they have specific screen protectors made for this type of technology. I should look into seeing if they have them for the Sony ones and how well they work.

Tom Sawyer

As far as screen protectors go I guess it all depends on what conditions you plan on using the device in, how you plan to transport it, etc. As for my original nook and my iPad, a case with a cover is all I've ever really needed. Heck I've carried my iPhone in my hip pocket for over three years with nary a scratch on the thing!

Considering how seldom I'll be actually touching the screen on the new nook (page turns and the occasional new book purchase) I think a decent cover and a wipe down with a lens cloth every now and again is all I'll ever really need.

Oliver

I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer. I loved my 1st Gen Nook, but was always frustrated about navigation on the page for selecting a hyper link within the text. Especially for book compilations, it was a chore to arrow down on the lcd touch screen and highlight the link I wanted to select. So, my question is, will I just be able to touch the hyperlink on the page and have it jump forward similar to navigation on an ipad, or do hyperlinks even work with the touch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by jrclone
    I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer. I loved my 1st Gen Nook, but was always frustrated about navigation on the page for selecting a hyper link within the text. Especially for book compilations, it was a chore to arrow down on the lcd touch screen and highlight the link I wanted to select. So, my question is, will I just be able to touch the hyperlink on the page and have it jump forward similar to navigation on an ipad, or do hyperlinks even work with the touch screen?
    Theoretically, yes. As long as all the hyperlinks in the text are properly linked and formatted.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213