New nook? - Page 3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New nook?

Tom Sawyer

Default New nook announcement May 24

What does everyone predict the new reader will be like? I imagine May 24 will also be a new firmware upgrade to the nook classic 1. Looks like B&N will release a new product every 6 months between the classic and the color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: New nook announcement May 24

I'd doubt it would be anything major, as they usually wait to unveil those slightly closer to the holiday shopping season. I could see them releasing something more geared towards children, or a cheaper, eink only model.

But who knows.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by woopig13
    I'd doubt it would be anything major, as they usually wait to unveil those slightly closer to the holiday shopping season.
    they go on sale around the holidays but they make the announcement in advance to build up demand for the object

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur
    they go on sale around the holidays but they make the announcement in advance to build up demand for the object

I can't imagine them announcing it in May for a November release though. I wonder if it's to compete with the iPad3 (which, supposedly, is coming out in September). Although, that doesn't make sense either, unless it's another tablet-style.

I dunno.

Puck

Default Re: New nook?

I think they are going to try and take a swipe at Kindle. I predict a pearl touchscreen e-ink, losing the lcd screen to improve battery life, with a black frame. Possibly 2 versions, one with ads and one without.

d'Artagnan

I've always really liked the lcd panel on the Nook (still do), and being able to navigate by touch and see my covers in color was appealing enough that I didn't really care about the one week battery life I get from the device.

It's a little less important now that I have the NC as a companion reader now though. I can definitely see why that wouldn't be important at all for some people, and would rather have the battery life. If BN thinks that they can make the Classic more appealing by doing away with the lcd panel, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

What WOULD be on the other hand, would be a Kindle-esque keyboard. No Ma'am, let Amazon keep that ugly design.
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

Rumor has it, the new Nook will be self-aware and powered by Skynet. This could be the big one...

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Thomas Fisher
    Rumor has it, the new Nook will be self-aware and powered by Skynet. This could be the big one...

Android ---> Google ---> Skynet!

*gasps*
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Thomas Fisher
    I won't buy that. I don't want some ereader deciding it's time for me to stop playing angry birds and get back to real life! Or worse *horrified gasp* what if it doesn't like my taste in books!!!! I'm waiting to see what's coming so I can decide what to get for my kids. They are using my NC way too much lately (yeah, yeah, letting them use it was about 75% of why I bought it, whatever ). I don't mind getting them a NC but I think my son is going to agree with me in the long run that the nook is better for reading. Plus, if the new device is REALLY cool I'll get it for _me_ and give them the NC to play with.

Mowgli

Whatever it is, let's hope it doesn't get cracked bezels!

I'm hoping this is a solid upgrade to the e-ink Nook with extended battery life. I won't be upset if they drop the LCD touchscreen - the cover flow feature was neat to look at, but ultimately not a big deal. Keeping it 3G would be nice, too.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast