"To Kill a Mockingbird" on Nook Color - Purchased, Read, Then Jane Eyre? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oliver

Default Re: "To Kill a Mockingbird" on Nook Color - Purchased, Read, Then Jane Eyre?

Quote Originally Posted by MikFinkel
    I don't agree.
    Stolen property is still stolen property.
    Pull it and refund the money at the same time and send an email notice.
    I have to agree. If something I purchased is not legit, then I don't want to continue using it. I'd rather my standards be above those of the criminally stupid. I do agree with you though, that an e-mail notice would have been nice, with a refund right there ready. However, to play devil's advocate, I could suppose a situation where someone notices this snafu and pull it immediately to stop any further selling/lending/or similar, and then they work on a game plan to redress customers, etc. In any case, I expect an explanation from B&N and a refund. I know this is a holiday so I imagine they won't start looking at this until Tuesday so by Friday it would be nice to have something.

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Default Re: "To Kill a Mockingbird" on Nook Color - Purchased, Read, Then Jane Eyre?

While figuring out what to do, when the book is pulled from your library, a quick email update saying more to follow, etc.
    MikFinkel

Oliver

That would work. But, it wasn't pulled outright, it just redirects to another book altogether, Jane Eyre. I don't know how their database works, maybe they just threw in some "safe" book ID to redirect to until they figure it out... who knows... It will be interesting to see what they say about it.

Jason

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Please keep us up to date with what you find out about this situation. I agree that they should refund your money ASAP and send you an explanation. I bet it was in the PubIt section. I cannot see any other way it could have made its way to BN for sale.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210#
    http://cheapereads.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikFinkel
    I don't agree.
    Stolen property is still stolen property.
    Pull it and refund the money at the same time and send an email notice.
    Of course, world class customer service is not B&N's forte ( did I spell that right? )
    B&N, hire me. I can make you have world class c/s!!

I disagree with this sentiment. If you bought illegally paper book they wouldn't come to your house nd take it back. Once it is on your nook it is yours. This is why I liberate all of my books.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by DeCrescenzo

I disagree with this sentiment. If you bought illegally paper book they wouldn't come to your house nd take it back. Once it is on your nook it is yours. This is why I liberate all of my books.
    I dunno. If you paid by credit card and it was new "they" could?
    Look at what was going on with the digital music sharing, the Napster thing.
    People were being dragged into court for huge $'s ( the greedy bstrd's ).
    MikFinkel

If they're going to continue to treat ebooks as physical books then they should be consistent. If they can't seize a physical book don't seize an ebook.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Oliver

Well, forget this. My Nook version of Animal Farm (Orwell's) just turned into Northanger Abbey. Is this another one that "should not have been for sale"? I've not called this one in yet, as I'm at work. But at this point I have no comfort level that my library is safe and secure, if as it seems B&N can just cherry pick random books replacing them with others. If I was them, I'd say the heck with another "App Store" and focus on getting the core reason behind this device working 110%, then thow on the kitchen sink. I've got 5 more days in my return window, I'm not there yet, but this just edged me closer.

Jason

Oliver

I called it in, again got a nice offshore phone rep, and after listening to her say "oh this is so unusual", I responded well, I'm not making this up, I'm not trying to be a thorn in your side just for the fun of it... she did some "research" and came back with yeah we see it was replaced, and we'll refund your money for Animal Farm... I'm like, okay... so I ask her so do I just need to then rebuy Animal Farm or what, and she says yeah. Wow. I told her that I'm not feeling to good about this Nook thing when books can randomly materialize into other books, that was when she said above "this is so unusual". But never did she explain why this was happening, which I'd think would be the key piece of our discussion. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. But if anymore books go weirdo on me in the next day or two, that's gonna be the nail in its coffin.

Jason

Tom Sawyer

Although I'm definitely not a fan of companies pulling their books after you buy them, what you could do is download the epub file onto your computer (instead of having your Nook pull it from your B&N purchases) and sideload it onto your Nook Color. If you're no longer comfortable with buying your books from B&N, there's plenty of places you could buy books from and not have this problem. Just look up the book you want at inkmesh.com which is a search engine for ebooks and you can buy them from a multitude of sites.
    'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. F*#&ing morons everywhere.' - David Lynch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast