Kindle E book not available through B&N?? WTH?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Kindle E book not available through B&N?? WTH?

I have been trying to find a series by M.J. Rose in E-book form. The series is titled The Butterfield Institute series there are three books in the series

1. The Halo Effect
    2. The Venus Fix
    3. The Delilah Complex

I have been waiting for them to be available through B&N but have not been successful...so today I just happen to check the kindle ap on my phone to see if it was available through them and to my surprise Amazon actually carries it for the kindle....so my questions are why would B&N not have it in e form if Amazon does?

question 2. is there a way to buy the series in e form through amazon and be able to read them on my nook color? If not through Amazon is there any other way to get the series legally of course...

please help.

thanks
    getting a little 'NOOKIE'

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Well if you root your Nook Color than you can access android market apps and also download the Kindle App for android. Then no problems buying and reading books from amazon.

Also going to B&N and requesting titles may help or may not. I think they have a forum thread/group just for that purpose. Barring that email the publisher and request the titles for B&N.

But you will probably run into this issue again. So rooting your Nook Color opens up the device to both worlds.
    Last edited by orb9220; 11-30-2011 at 02:35 AM.

I agree that rooting is the immediate answer for you. There are videos on YouTube that instruct you step by step how to root your nook color. It only takes about 15 minutes and a Gmail account. You need to have a Gmail account to set up the Android Marketplace. On the Nook Tablet I have found that I can install certain apps without rooting it and so I have installed the Amazon Market and the Kindle app on my Nook Tablet. Best of both worlds. I'd rather use a Nook Tablet than a Kindle Fire any day. I don't know if the B&N Reader can be installed on a Kindle Fire but I have not heard yet that it can. The Tablet is a great device and so is the Nook Color.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Thanks, I will attempt to root it. I just don't understand...You would think if available through amazon in eform other stores would carry it in eform as well... Any ideas why they wouldn't?

d'Artagnan

I think she's self-published as far as her eBooks go, so that might be why - she just hasn't put them into Nook form.
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, Kindle Fire, K$79; Nook Color w/N2A card; iPad 1

Oliver

You might want to look into the free (shareware) software Calibre. It can convert formats and sideload into the Nook.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by LenC View Post
    You might want to look into the free (shareware) software Calibre. It can convert formats and sideload into the Nook.
    I think in order to do that though she'd have to strip the DRM (which of course i would never advise anyone to do )
    'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. F*#&ing morons everywhere.' - David Lynch

Oliver

Nor would you mention that there is a plug in for Calibre that automatically strips the DRM from Amazon ebooks when they are dropped into Calibre.

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrl View Post
    I think in order to do that though she'd have to strip the DRM (which of course i would never advise anyone to do )
    hmmmm interresting

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by LenC View Post
    Nor would you mention that there is a plug in for Calibre that automatically strips the DRM from Amazon ebooks when they are dropped into Calibre.
    ok...gotcha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast