My Nookcolor is gone. :-(

d'Artagnan

Default My Nookcolor is gone. :-(

I've known for awhile it was coming. My battery has been acting weird, it shuts off for no reason, and it finally stopped charging. I got it to charge to 100% once more, unplugged it, and it died ten minutes later and won't turn on anymore. Different power cords aren't helping.

Looks like it's time to call in my Squaretrade Warranty. Anyone who knows me knows that when it comes to my readers, I DON'T like to swap them out, because I'm never sure if what I'm getting is worse than what I already have. My rooted NC was perfect for me, fit to my customizations, and I envisioned myself using it for at least another year or two.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma on what to get. Another Nookcolor, or upgrading to the tablet. Someone suggested I get a real 7 inch tablet, but honestly, the best part about the Nookcolor is the design and that gorgeous screen that's optimized for reading--two things that I don't get from either a regular Android tablet, or the Kindle Fire.

I'm so sad. I don't want a replacement, I want my own Nookcolor.
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

I know exactly how you feel. My wife got me a NT for Christmas with the idea that she would get my year old NC....Easier said than done....
    Living in my own Private Idaho...

I'm so sorry. That is horrible. When I had to send my first nook in for a replacement I was so upset. It felt like I was parting with an old friend.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

ACK! You should get the tablet. You will get all the goodness of the NC but it is faster, better battery life, does more, etc. The only problem is the inability to root it right now. If your NC was rooted you are going to have to get a NC. For now the tablet is unrootable. I agree the interface on the nook products is superior. The nook app is just not as good. I use it on the rooted side of my NC and it's just not as good.

Oliver

Default Rooting Nook Tablet

Check out liliputing.com.

I love my nook color. It has been by my side daily for a year and it has been perfect. I have hacked it, rooted it, restored it and even dropped it. Yet like a faithful companion it still here ready for the next adventure. Heck it has even been cross country with me. Best mobile device I have ever owned.

d'Artagnan

I have been using my 8" Vizio exclusively the last few days. It has the Overdrive app and it does over the air downloads for my library books. Have been reading Tom Clancy.
    The B&N app works great in it. Also has the Kindle and Aldiko apps. Love that machine and love the 8" screen even more!
    MikFinkel

Puck

I never could read on the Nook Color screen, like all the other 7" tablets, I saw yellow halos around every word. Impossible for my eyes to get along with any of 'em!

I do have a tablet style device though it's marketed as a media player. The Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. It has more pixels per inch and that seems to help me a lot. At least there are no yellow haloes! Plus it has two cameras, can record video, do GPS, has Bluetooth, a mic, pretty much everything a tablet has and it's SO LIGHT and easy to carry around. Works super with both Android Market and Amazon App store.

I've got Nook, Kindle, Kobo and Overdrive apps on it. Battery will usually last me between 1-2 days. LOVE IT!

The only downside is having games. I play them too much!