Part of me doesn't want to look at a nook now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Part of me doesn't want to look at a nook now

I'm glad to hear they'll have demo units in some stores for Monday, but I must admit to being torn on whether or not to actually go look/touch/play with one. Now that it's getting closer to my nook maybe actually honestly for real arriving (I'm a Dec. 11) part of me wants to wait until my own personal nook arrives, and have it be even more eventful for being the first time I really see/touch one in person.

On the other hand it would be kind of smart to actually make sure I'm going to like what I've preordered. I think if I hear positive things from those of you who race out to see one on Monday then perhaps I will wait, and make my arrival date all that more fun.

Is anyone else tempted to wait it out so they can be a nook virgin when theirs arrives?
    Regard all phenomena as dreams.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Part of me doesn't want to look at a nook now

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule
    I'm glad to hear they'll have demo units in some stores for Monday, but I must admit to being torn on whether or not to actually go look/touch/play with one. Now that it's getting closer to my nook maybe actually honestly for real arriving (I'm a Dec. 11) part of me wants to wait until my own personal nook arrives, and have it be even more eventful for being the first time I really see/touch one in person.

On the other hand it would be kind of smart to actually make sure I'm going to like what I've preordered. I think if I hear positive things from those of you who race out to see one on Monday then perhaps I will wait, and make my arrival date all that more fun.

Is anyone else tempted to wait it out so they can be a nook virgin when theirs arrives?

I am having some health issues right now. I do not think I will be able to get to B&N and see a demo before I get mine.

Puck

I'll probably wait till mine arrives as well, but for a different reason.... I have no desire to head out and battle crowds even though mine doesn't ship till 4 Jan!
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Paul58
    I'll probably wait till mine arrives as well, but for a different reason.... I have no desire to head out and battle crowds even though mine doesn't ship till 4 Jan!

That is true I would not want to go out and battle the crowds anyway.

trigger

I've handled the shell units that B&N have at the closest store to me, but I think I'll hold off on playing with a real, live unit till I get mine. January is when it's supposed to arrive... long time to wait.

Tom Sawyer

Anne, I hope your health recovers soon!

Paul, yeah that's a factor for me too. I'm a bit crowd-averse, and never like going to really crowded events when your mobility gets limited. Shopping in stores during the peak of the holiday season definitely falls in that category.

Trigger, those shell units don't really count anyways. January will be a long wait, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of experiences to read through in the meantime!
    Regard all phenomena as dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule
    Anne, I hope your health recovers soon!

Paul, yeah that's a factor for me too. I'm a bit crowd-averse, and never like going to really crowded events when your mobility gets limited. Shopping in stores during the peak of the holiday season definitely falls in that category.

Trigger, those shell units don't really count anyways. January will be a long wait, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of experiences to read through in the meantime!
    Thank you I am feeling light headed a lot . I have been going to doctore trying to find out why. When walking outside I feel like I am going to fall. So far I had a check-up and had blood test. I had my ears cleaned out. The ERT thinks it could have something to do with my eyes. I am going to a eye doctor next week. I hope I can find out what it going on. This happen to me 2 years ago. I ended up in the hospital and they even did a brain scan. All they came up with is that it could be stress.

Tom Sawyer

Sorry but I'm looking forward to checking out a demo unit - I want to be able to make a decision about keeping/returning mine before it arrives and I tear into it only to discover I'm headed for a restocking fee.

Really, I'm not a pessimist, just an experienced optimist

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMar
    Sorry but I'm looking forward to checking out a demo unit - I want to be able to make a decision about keeping/returning mine before it arrives and I tear into it only to discover I'm headed for a restocking fee.

Really, I'm not a pessimist, just an experienced optimist
    I think that makes you a pragmatist. I'm one too, and will be at the B&N store @ 9am on Monday.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Thank you I am feeling light headed a lot .
    This is horrible.... I assume they have checked your blood pressure? I know when mine is off-kilter it makes me a little dizzy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast