BAttery LIFE??

Thread: BAttery LIFE??

geckoking

Default BAttery LIFE??

How's the battery life so far!!! Heard from someone that it went from fully charge to 80% in 3 hours. That's just with play around with it with the LCD on. This is SAD!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

sfr
    Mowgli

Default Re: BAttery LIFE??

Maybe 3 or 4 hours ago, I'm sure I had it up to 100% charge before unplugging it and now i'm down to 78%. Part of that time I had the WiFi on but now it's off. I will have to run some tests.

geckoking

B&N claims 10 days. looks like this thing will only make it 1 day..

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

mfaine

Quote Originally Posted by geckoking
    B&N claims 10 days. looks like this thing will only make it 1 day..
    I noticed last night that it went from 100% charge to 78% in just a couple of hours use heavy use. I don't have any hard numbers but I would think that 10 days is not possible with any kind of real-world use. I can't wait to see some stats on it. Surely someone is benchmarking it. I'll probably have it plugged into a computer a lot so it may not make much of a difference but I'd still like to know that it can go 10 days, if necessary.

-Mark

Mr. Darcy

i believe the claimed 10 days is with the wireless turned off?

On the other hand my kindle with wireless off never makes it anywhere near the claimed 14 days either.

Tiny Tim

Here is my battery experience so far - I have had it since Tuesday evening, wireless has been on. I mostly played around with it, trying to learn the device Tuesday, but purchased and read normally yesterday. As of this morning, battery is at 55%. I'm going to see how long it lasts with wireless on, then test with wireless off.

Bear in mind the 10 days battery estimate is with both wireless devices off. Wi-Fi and GSM devices use up a lot of battery, as iPhone users should know, and if you are in an area where the AT&T signal might not be optimal, searching for a GSM signal will also drain the battery faster. I plan to have the wireless devices off most of the time.

As has also been said using the LCD a lot will drain the battery faster.

I expect that after the newness wears off and folks start getting into a rhythm of using Nook we will start seeing more accurate battery times. For the moment, I don't think there is any reason to get concerned about the battery life since we're all trying out all the features, which will drain the battery faster.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Tiny Tim

With heavy use of the touch screen, using WiFi to shop etc, my battery dropped from 100 to 80 in about 3 hours I'd say.

Today I've got it in airplane mode, and don't plan on doing much with it besides reading a book. I've also turned off the automatic brightness feature (always seemed too bright to me), and cranked down the brightness to 20%, and I have the touch screen turn off at 10s instead of 30 now. I'm expecting a dramatic decrease in battery consumption today, we'll see how it goes!

Mr. Darcy

I've had wi-fi turned off also..
    question: Can the wireless 3G be only turned off by turning on the airplane mode? Not a biggie.. just curious.

mfaine

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonb
    With heavy use of the touch screen, using WiFi to shop etc, my battery dropped from 100 to 80 in about 3 hours I'd say.

Today I've got it in airplane mode, and don't plan on doing much with it besides reading a book. I've also turned off the automatic brightness feature (always seemed too bright to me), and cranked down the brightness to 20%, and I have the touch screen turn off at 10s instead of 30 now. I'm expecting a dramatic decrease in battery consumption today, we'll see how it goes!
    I suspect that when B&N was looking for a battery life estimate they had the same idea.

-Mark