Nook arrived today - 5 days early!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default Nook arrived today - 5 days early!!

My Nook just arrived today. I was originally a Dec 7 ship date, then downgraded to Dec 16th. Got an email yesterday and it is in my hands today . I love the device and have been pleasantly surprised to find that many of the complaints that I have heard seem to be unfounded in my unit (at least so far). I also own a K1 and a Sony PRS 505. I love the overall dimensions and appearance, like the touch screen at the bottom which seems to respond quite well. I must also say that the WiFi option is great too - shopping is much faster on the Nook than on my K1 via Whispernet. Got the Kate Spade library girl cover which is also well made and fits great (a bit pricey though as is everything Kate Spade). Page turns might be slightly slower than my K1, but definitely not an issue that detracts from the Nook. Amazon better step it up a bit as I think that future upgrades to the Nook are going to make the Kindle much less attractive. I would say that would I have had to have chosen between Kindle and Nook, I would probably choose the Nook. The Nook is slightly heavier in the hand, but not as heavy as my K1 with my Oberon cover. Glad I made the choice to order Nook. I was looking to secure a good back up device in case my Kindle fails and like the option of being able to read other formats and share books with my friends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Nook arrived today - 5 days early!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nytngale
    My Nook just arrived today. I was originally a Dec 7 ship date, then downgraded to Dec 16th. Got an email yesterday and it is in my hands today . I love the device and have been pleasantly surprised to find that many of the complaints that I have heard seem to be unfounded in my unit (at least so far). I also own a K1 and a Sony PRS 505. I love the overall dimensions and appearance, like the touch screen at the bottom which seems to respond quite well. I must also say that the WiFi option is great too - shopping is much faster on the Nook than on my K1 via Whispernet. Got the Kate Spade library girl cover which is also well made and fits great (a bit pricey though as is everything Kate Spade). Page turns might be slightly slower than my K1, but definitely not an issue that detracts from the Nook. Amazon better step it up a bit as I think that future upgrades to the Nook are going to make the Kindle much less attractive. I would say that would I have had to have chosen between Kindle and Nook, I would probably choose the Nook. The Nook is slightly heavier in the hand, but not as heavy as my K1 with my Oberon cover. Glad I made the choice to order Nook. I was looking to secure a good back up device in case my Kindle fails and like the option of being able to read other formats and share books with my friends.

Congrats on getting you nook today. Mine came yesterday. I also have the Kate Spade library girl cover. Enjoy your Nook.

Tiny Tim

Thanks! You too! Actually, loved the cover so much that I convinced my husband to get me the Kate Spade bag that was featured in the ad for the cover!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks! You too! Actually, loved the cover so much that I convinced my husband to get me the Kate Spade bag that was featured in the ad for the cover!

Thanks I have been enjoying my nook. That is a nice bag. Is it a Christmas present?

Tom Sawyer

Congrats Nytngale! It's great to hear from yet another happy happy nook owner! These kind of posts make me more and more eager to get my own nook in my hands.

At this point I've heard so many positive posts from actual nook owners here, and especially from nook owners who also own kindles, that I think i will deliberately remain a 'nook virgin' and make the arrival of my own nook the first time I hold one in my hands.
    Regard all phenomena as dreams.

Tiny Tim

The bag is a Christmas present - I think it has arrived at our house, but it has vanished and I know I won't be seeing it for a little while yet. I am sooo anxious to get my new toys together! :hobbes-dance:

Tiny Tim

And, I can't wait to go to my local B&N and browse from the coffee shop with my Nook and my Kate Spade bag at my side!!

Tom Sawyer

Let us know if you get a free cookie coupon!
    Regard all phenomena as dreams.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule
    Let us know if you get a free cookie coupon!
    FREE COOKIE COUPON!! That is totally going to be Nookboards official coupon!! LOL Please do tell us if you get one ..... Hmmmm maybe we need to start a thread of what coupons people get so others can go and try, I wonder if they are random or if we will all get the same ones if we go at around the same time ...
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

The bag is a Christmas present - I think it has arrived at our house, but it has vanished and I know I won't be seeing it for a little while yet. I am sooo anxious to get my new toys together! :hobbes-dance:
    It will be so cool when you open the bag on Christmas morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast