Shipping on early November orders being reported

Tom Sawyer

Default Shipping on early November orders being reported

Exciting news for those of us who ordered in early November: over on the B&N boards I'm starting to see posts by people who ordered on November 6th, 7th or thereabouts that they're getting shipping notices. They were part of the 'class of December 11th' in terms of original due dates, so it looks like this group is now starting to get some nook-lovin'!

I ordered on November 11th so I'm allowing myself a touch of optimism that my nook might ship before the end of the week! Fingers crossed for myself and others in this group....

Regard all phenomena as dreams.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Shipping on early November orders being reported

I sure hope yours does karmamule! Because when yours does then mine is soon to follow! Maybe they are actually catching up. I ordered Nov. 14th with a Dec. 18th ship date. I keep checking and so far that date has not changed.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

I ordered on Nov 12, ship date of Dec 11, pushed to Dec 21 ship. I just called customer service, the woman I spoke with was very helpful. She said that mynook would either be shipping tomorrow (12/17) or Monday (12/21) with overnight shipping. She was very confused why she was seeing two dates. I'm guessing that b/c my order when I check online says 12/21 that is in the system, but there is a note added that says 12/17....so it looks like they are working toward getting them out prior to the estimated dates (or they intentionally told you a date that was farther out so they could "exceed" that date by shipping it early). Either way, I'll have my nook soon--I'm hoping that it does ship tomorrow, as I would love to have it for the weekend!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    I ordered on Nov 12, ship date of Dec 11, pushed to Dec 21 ship. I just called customer service, the woman I spoke with was very helpful. She said that mynook would either be shipping tomorrow (12/17) or Monday (12/21) with overnight shipping. She was very confused why she was seeing two dates. I'm guessing that b/c my order when I check online says 12/21 that is in the system, but there is a note added that says 12/17....so it looks like they are working toward getting them out prior to the estimated dates (or they intentionally told you a date that was farther out so they could "exceed" that date by shipping it early). Either way, I'll have my nook soon--I'm hoping that it does ship tomorrow, as I would love to have it for the weekend!!
    Evergreen, that would be lovely if they ship out tomorrow, because then I'd have it for the weekend, and with any luck ktrek's won't be far behind!

Crossing all my digital fingers and toes....

Gibbons

Nov. 10 order date, original ship date of Dec 11 here

Just got off the phone with CS who said there was no possible way my nook would arrive any earlier than the 22nd. My guess is that they aren't catching up, but randomly spreading the ship dates around or something. So anybody who's ordered one at any time may get it tomorrow or may not get it for another week or more. I have a feeling order-date priority for shipping is being thrown out the window.

Even at the official boards, someone who ordered after the 'christmas cut-off' has had theirs shipped already, and some with order dates earlier than mine have had no word at all about their orders, much less a shipping notice.

If that's true then they must be routing orders by warehouse and some warehouses may have more orders to fill then others. That's the only reason I can think of.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Puck

I ordered on Nov 13th with a Dec 18th ship date. I hope that I get it before Christmas.
    Bethany

Tom Sawyer

I think B&N is also large enough that you probably have different support supervisors giving different instructions to their phone staff: I could easily imagine some having the policy of telling exactly what their system says, and others could be playing it safe and sticking to the most conservative estimate possible in order to avoid disappointment.

I'll be on pins & needles tomorrow hoping for some good news. If not, I'm reading a really good book on my Kindle right now ("Consider Phlebas", by Iain M. Banks), so I'll be able to stay entertained regardless.

Quick update: someone with an order placed on 11/9 has reported on the B&N forums that their nook has shipped and is out for delivery, so B&N is making steady progress. I still hold out some hope that maybe people like me who ordered on 11/11 will see a shipping notice today (December 17th)....