I got a cookie!!! - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tom Sawyer

Default Re: I got a cookie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Traci
    I'm pretty sure the code is the same for everyone. My BN Cafe had a printout of the screen, and their code was the same as what was on my nook. So I don't think the code is 'used up' after you get your cookie.
    Hmm...but the disclaimer said something about one cookie per nook per...I don't remember what, offhand. The first time I got my cookie, I was with a friend, and after I got my cookie, we joked about going back to the B&N cafe to get him a free cookie too. We looked at the disclaimer for the heck of it, and it kinda sounded like each nook (not the owner) is guaranteed one cookie and that'd be it. To be fair, that part of the disclaimer sounded a bit confusing to start with, but we both agreed that that was what it sounded like, so we weren't going to seriously consider trying again. That was why I wasn't sure if I was allowed to keep going to various B&N's to get more free cookies--and why I thought it was so cool that I got a free cookie the second time around, since the second B&N cafe guy didn't bother to read the disclaimer at all and just handed me a cookie instead. (Or tossed it at me. Whatever. :P)

--Roxie

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    The bookseller working the nook display was really excited to see mine, as he has only worked with the display ones-which do run a bit slower than a real nook, because of being handled so frequently.
    This is a curious comment.

Why would the display model be slower simply because customers have used it so much? Is there something of concern here or was the bookseller simply out to lunch?

Puck

I went into my local B&N with my nook today. My nook immediately picked up the wifi and I got a little welcome to Barnes and Noble message. I went to the special offers and they were the same as those I can view from home. I went up to the nook counter and asked the bookseller if the in-store offers are working in the store for the nook. She pulled open a drawer and tried to hand me the demo nook. I then showed her my nook and explained that I should see special in-store offers and all I am seeing are the same ones I see when I am at home. She said she didn't know about any in-store offers. She was nice, but didn't seem very informed about the nook. This is a relatively new and busy store. Hopefully this feature will be working soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

You know what I don't think it is the store not having it set up, I think there may be a problem with our nooks or the connections or something because from what I can gather we should actually be "welcomed" to the specific store. I never get the welcome to the store message and I see only the same stuff I see at home. Anyone have any clue what we need to do to correct the connection problem? I have the wifi on, set to the stores wifi and airplane mode off.

d'Artagnan

I think I'm getting closer!

I went in today and I got the pop up message welcoming me to the store, then it gave me the option to shop. It went to the shop section, but the offers were blank. I'm guessing there aren't any current offers, because after a little fiddling with it, it went back to the regular offers that are always there.

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxie
    I went into my local B&N with my nook today. My nook immediately picked up the wifi and I got a little welcome to Barnes and Noble message. I went to the special offers and they were the same as those I can view from home. I went up to the nook counter and asked the bookseller if the in-store offers are working in the store for the nook. She pulled open a drawer and tried to hand me the demo nook. I then showed her my nook and explained that I should see special in-store offers and all I am seeing are the same ones I see when I am at home. She said she didn't know about any in-store offers. She was nice, but didn't seem very informed about the nook. This is a relatively new and busy store. Hopefully this feature will be working soon!
    I had the same EXACT experience last night. I got a cookie anyway, and I am glad they didn't sit there and try to tell me that I was crazy or something.
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910