I got a cookie!!! - Page 9

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    poma3

Default Re: I got a cookie!!!

2nd trip to B&N and still no luck. I was greeted with the welcome. But no More In Store offers appeared. The demo nooks all showed the extra offers but not mine. The kiosk worker was stumped and referred me to their 800 number. Anyone else having this issue? I can get on the B&N wi-fi and browse the store area fine but none of the extra features work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Just hit the Bowling Green Kentucky store where my cookie offer came up right away. The lady behind the counter had the code taped up the her register so soon as I showed her my Nook, she entered it in. No problems at all.

The reason I went to Bowling Green today was to get some food items from Sam's While walking through the store I saw a Keurag B66 Ultimate brewer on one of the end caps with 75 K-Cups included for 126.00. Based on recommendations from people here (In a different thread) I went ahead and got it. So now I frequent B&N stores, read lots of books on an E-reader, and fix fancy foo-foo coffee at home one cup at a time........Suddenly I feel the need to get a beret, listen to indie/folk music and grow a goatee!!! I feel so Bohemian!!!

When's the next poetry slam!!!

'Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.'

Tom Sawyer

Finally took my Nook to B&N and we could not find the free cookie offer It showed connected to their wifi, but the only ads I saw were the same ones I see here at home. I asked the girl working there and she tried to find it for me, but no luck. After awhile I told her to just forget about it, we would try again later. (She was determinded to find out why the offers weren't showing anything different than normal.) She told me she would print me a coupon for the cookie if I wanted. Since I had my 3 kids with me, I told her that would be great. She printed us off 3 coupons, so atleast I left with 3 very happy, cookie eating kids.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

It is always noce when you run across someone like that person, who will go out of their way to help you!

You can really tell the difference people who enjoying working in a bookstore, and those who are just there for a paycheck. The woman behind the counter in Bowling Green today was as nice as could be, interested in my Nook, and enthusiastic about getting hers in the near future. We even discussed the books we were reading/going to read.

People like that really make a difference no matter what their job. The one thing I always tell my kids is that it does not matter what you do in life, just do it well and enjoy it! Money is not a big deal to those who do not worship it, or fear it. You can always get more! But the one thing you cant get is more time! Carpe Deim! :hobbes-dance:
    'Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.'

Mr. Darcy

Last week I went into my local Barns and Nobel in Brooklyn. As soon as I walked in my nook greeted me to the store and picked up the wifi. Sadly the special offer section was blank! No cookie for me! I'm going to try again tomorrow. I deserve a free cookie!

Tiny Tim

No cookie for me. I have tried 4 times! I never see anything different than what I see at home. What exactly should I be seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by hmr28
    No cookie for me. I have tried 4 times! I never see anything different than what I see at home. What exactly should I be seeing?
    Maybe you are not recognizing as different? When you go into the Barnes and Nobles store and your nook recognizes you being in there, you go to Store on one the nook. You will will the large box with the ads and you can scroll through them using the page forward button. The cookie offer is usually the second page. Other offers should show there also.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Mr. Darcy

Today I went to another Barns and Nobel in BK- at Court Street. I had my nook and again it greeted me and told me to check out the more in store options. Again I was not able to find the More in Store section in the Shop section of my nook for my cookie. So I went to speak with a sales person with a nook badge around his neck. I asked him about the more in store offers and he looked at me like I had three heads. He asked the sales woman next to him and she said "Oh yeah......, I heard something about a free cookie....." They then called the manager of the store. He looked at my nook and informed me that the more in store option is not ready yet. At the end of the month it should be available. I am now just wondering if that was the real answer or if he was just as clueless as the rest of his staff.

Will I ever get a free cookie in NYC?
    Before the week is done I'm going to the Union Sq B&N. If nothing there I give up!

I went to my local B&N today and it seems the free cookie offer may be over. I saw some book offers but no cookie. Oh well...I at least got two cookies before it expired.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

I went to my local B&N today and there was no cookie offer Wonder if that was a one time offer or if they will have it again in the future?
    Now Reading:

Shutter Island
    by Dennis Lehane

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast