Bookmark behavior very erratic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tiny Tim

Default Bookmark behavior very erratic

I bought my wife a nook for Christmas, but it won't ship until 1/4 unfortunately.

I have a friend that got one for her birthday, and has already received it. I helped her set it up, and the only problem she seems to be having is with bookmarks. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and almost always the description is not user friendly to read (like XML perhaps?).

Are these known problems???

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: Bookmark behavior very erratic

I have also been having problems with bookmarks in that they don't stick, also, last page read, some times that works and some times not. I haven't been able to figure out if there is a "trigger" or not. Sometimes it takes me to the 1st page of the chapter I am on, sometimes it takes me a few pages back. I do have the update 1.1 installed, and it seems to have gotten worse with the update. Friday morning when I picked my nook up to read, the photo/screen saver was "fuzzy" and I had to do a reboot to get it to turn on. Not sure what that was about. I still love my nook, but I want it to work correctly!GRRRRRR Jeni (I tend to growl when I am frustrated)

Administrator

I think this is an issue with the update, so please make sure you are contacting B&N support directly with your issues too. The more they hear about people having these issues the quicker they will release a fix for it. But I have heard many people complain about this same exact thing and as far as I have seen there is no fix yet

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

I will contact support once my wife gets her nook... Contacting B&N on behalf of our friend could become quite a pain.

Mr. Darcy

On the MobileRead boards, member gamassey posted this reply they got from B&N in regards to loosing bookmarks and last page read:

"We are aware of this problem and are working diligently to resolve it. We are working on a fix by 12:00 pm Eastern time.

Please make sure the nook has been charge for more than 4 hours.

If it has been charge for that long, then your issue has a simple fix.

Just hold the power button for 20sec no less then that, and then let it go and press it once again this will reboot the nook and your problem will be fix. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I did this last night, but haven't read my nook enough since to see if it helps, and I'm not sure what day the 12pm Eastern time refers to. Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by lostknitter
    I have also been having problems with bookmarks in that they don't stick, also, last page read, some times that works and some times not. I haven't been able to figure out if there is a "trigger" or not. Sometimes it takes me to the 1st page of the chapter I am on, sometimes it takes me a few pages back. I do have the update 1.1 installed, and it seems to have gotten worse with the update. Friday morning when I picked my nook up to read, the photo/screen saver was "fuzzy" and I had to do a reboot to get it to turn on. Not sure what that was about. I still love my nook, but I want it to work correctly!GRRRRRR Jeni (I tend to growl when I am frustrated)
    Mine does it every time I plug it in and when I turn it off. I was hoping that it was just when I plug in to my computer, but the wall outlet causes it as well.

Tom Sawyer

Sadly, it wasn't a fix for me
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

I don't know if this applies but I was reading in the user manual under Bookmarks and it says PDF files cannot be bookmarked. I think that's odd since it gives the option when you read a PDF file but that's what the manual states.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

Tom Sawyer

My Nook forgot where I stopped reading on a B&N downloaded book yesterday. It wasn't that big a deal as I always stop at new chapters but it was annoying.

I did notice that when I used a bookmark it was a long, jumbled mess instead of something simple (Bookmark 1, Bookmark 2, etc.)
    'Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.'

Puck

I was told somewhere on here (because I had the same problem) that if you turn it off completely it loses bookmarks, last page read, reading now, etc. I have since just let it got to sleep and I haven't had the problem since! I am sure it is a glitch they will get fixed soon though!
    ~*Stephanie*~

Currently reading on Two-Lu - BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia

Bask in my normalcy and read my ramblings on my blog - http://www.rowdysmommy.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast