Libraries with e-books

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Libraries with e-books

My county library does not have e-books. Is there a library anywhere where one can perhaps pay an annual fee allowing one to download library books to Nook?
    Avista

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: Libraries with e-books

You might be able to find what you are looking for at the Overdrive site.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Tom Sawyer

I'm pretty sure that Hillsborough county libraries have ebooks. Check them out.
    Now Reading:

Shutter Island
    by Dennis Lehane

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

I lived in Tampa and Hillsborough County has a wonderful library system with e-books. I will call them and see if there Is any way I can access their library since I no longer live in Hillsborough County. Avista
    PS just called. Yes, they have e-books. Yes, I can get a card if I live outside their country. Fee is $100/year! Yikes!
    Avista

Tom Sawyer

What Michael said. Go to overdrive.com and plug in your (or any) zip code and you'll get links to all the libraries that are using Overdrive.

Sydney
    currently reading on nook:

Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg
    Pandora's Star - Peter F. Hamilton

Tom Sawyer

Tried that. No Libraries within 100 miles. Although don't know why distance matters with an electronic book. Thanks
    Avista

Mowgli

Quote Originally Posted by Avista
    Tried that. No Libraries within 100 miles. Although don't know why distance matters with an electronic book. Thanks
    I'm in the same boat. My local library uses Overdrive, but they only have audiobooks. The only other one within 100 miles is a college library, and even if I could get a card through them, which I can't, their few selections are more cerebral than my interests. I would gladly pay (maybe not $100) for a non-local library card that would allow me to borrow eBooks.
    What I'm reading: The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri

Tom Sawyer

Wouldn't it be nice if the Smithsonian would allow all of us to get books from them through Overdrive?
    Let's make a suggestion to our young President that he should spend some of our money in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Traci
    I'm in the same boat. My local library uses Overdrive, but they only have audiobooks. The only other one within 100 miles is a college library, and even if I could get a card through them, which I can't, their few selections are more cerebral than my interests. I would gladly pay (maybe not $100) for a non-local library card that would allow me to borrow eBooks.
    My search continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Traci
    The Hennepin Libraries in Minneapolis also only have Overdrive audiobooks. I tried one out to see if I could get one on my nook and it worked. Don't plan to listen to audiobooks on my Nook though. Just wanted to see if I could do it. The Dakota County libraries has a system that doesn't work with the Nook.

Puck

Try the zip codes of relatives. I don't have a library with e-books in my County either, and the closest (Gwinnett County) wanted $30.00 a year for a library card! My Mom lives in Orange County FL, and I'm using her library card number and PIN and it works fine. Next time I'm down to visit, I'll get my own library card using their address and should be all set. It's not like you'll forget to return a book and run up late fees because they get returned automatically at the end of the check out period.
    Paul...
    Proud owner of a rare and exclusive autographed copy of the soon to be classic novel: Boomerang, by Alan Hutcheson!

Now reading:
    Man of Steel, by Dave Conifer
    The Murder of King Tut, by James Patterson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast