Sleep ghosting?

Thread: Sleep ghosting?

Mr. Darcy

Default Sleep ghosting?

So I got my replacement nook (yay, no more crack!). It's working fine, for the most part better than my last one (the last one couldn't see coupons in B&N). BUT, I've noticed that when I put it to sleep (to a background that is mostly black), I get a bit of ghosting from the book I'm in. I'm not sure if I just never noticed this, or if it's a problem with this particular nook. To be honest, I'm probably just going to deal with it, because I dont want to have to exchange it again, and it's not a detrimental issue. Once I wake it up, the ghosting goes away.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Xan

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Default Re: Sleep ghosting?

I haven't noticed this on my nook yet, but I did notice it on the store's nook and I also notice it on my Kindle. I think it's just how eInk is depending on the amount of ink you have on the the screen etc...

Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson

d'Artagnan

I noticed it one time, but I don't remember what I had going on as a screensaver or anything when my nook was asleep. I was kind of alarmed, but I just kind of shrugged since it has seemed absolutely fine. Actually, since I've received my Nook, I have been doing nothing but reading (aside from school work). I am almost done with my third book so far. It's great!
    [quote author=horse_girl link=topic=2435.msg32487#msg32487 date=1280350006]
    Good thing with the crotch grabbing and gummi butt crack.
    [/quote]

[quote author=Fireflywishes link=topic=2831.msg37328#msg37328 date=1282252903]
    yummy, yummy, in my tummy!
    [/quote]

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

I get a tiny bit of ghosting when I put my nook to sleep, but it's barely noticeable. Do you get ghosting when you're reading a book, or just when it's asleep?

amandagal

That's normal with e-ink screens. The amount you'll see depends on the amount of the screen that's covered in ink (for example, if you have a graphic screensaver that's mostly black, you'll see it more than with a book). These latest generation screens have no appreciable ghosting for text, but I do notice it with "dark" images.

The images don't "burn in" or anything like that. It has to do with the e-ink is "cleared."

Puck

Maybe one out of five times my nook sleeps I get very faint ghosting of what was on the previous screen, but I'd have to be a lot more picky than I am for it to bother me.

So long as I don't have a problem with ghosting while reading (and I do not), it's fine.
    Nook Classic 3g and Simple Touch
    Admin: http://ScionLife.com/forums

Mr. Darcy

Ok, great! I'm not so particular, it's just that I wanted to make sure it wasn't a precursor to a bigger problem. YAY!

Xan

Tom Sawyer

Xandie, I'm glad to hear that they took care of you so quickly and that you're happy. Hopefully you had an isolated problem.
    'Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.'