LendMe Lies

Thread: LendMe Lies

Tiny Tim

Default LendMe Lies

Okay...so, maybe lies is too harsh a word but let me tell you what happened...

I was browsing the online eBooks selection and thought that it was wonderful that B&N had a section dedicated to books that were LendMe available. I was browsing the "Top LendMe eBooks" (the first page that pops up when you select the LendMe section) when I noticed, "Hey I already own a bunch of these books." Thinking that they had been made LendMe books since I downloaded them, I decided to check my nook (we shall call her kitty munroe) to see if they had been updated so I could update my available LendMe books in the "nook Lending" forum. After much refreshing and power ons and offs of kitty munroe, I finally came to the conclusion that I would have to redownload/repurchase these books to get their LendMe capabilities (then call B&N and see if I could get a refund). Going back to the webpage, I had a lightbulb moment, none of the books on the "Top LendMe eBooks" had the "LendMe Beta" icon next to them. So here I am, a little miffed that my "Top LendMe eBooks" are not in fact LendMe books.

I took screencaps to show you guys, using Shutter Island as an example...

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: LendMe Lies

LendMe Top eBooks

[img width=600 height=455]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/kschmidt86/Nook/TopLendMeeBooks-toppage.jpg[/img]

Shutter Island after selecting through the Top LendMe eBooks page

[img width=600 height=590]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/kschmidt86/Nook/ShutterIslandExample.jpg[/img]

Mowgli

Wow, that's amazing. I just went and checked. Of the 45 titles on the first page of the Top LendMe eBooks page only 12 have the lend me feature. What's up with that? On top of that, more than half of the 12 that are lendable are way down towards the bottom of the page. Come on B&N. We all know that far fewer books are lendable then we thought would be, but don't try to make it seem like the feature is any less pathetic than it is.
    Matt

http://twitter.com/Gloomy50

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

That is kind of pathetic, but I don't know that I would ascribe some kind of nefarious motives to this. It looks to me like it's an automated cataloging error. Of course that means I am now calling B&N's database admins incompetent. heh.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Tom Sawyer

I'm thinking they are having problems with the LendMe feature because there are a few books on that list I own. Last week those books were available to lend.

Tiny Tim

I know there's not some evil B&N Nook engineer laughing diabolically at this, I'm just disappointed. I really enjoy this feature and have borrowed one book from someone on a different nook forum, and wanted to return the favor. However, all my books that ARE LendMe-able right now are girly books and I have a bunh that aren't that I saw on that page...and well...like I said...I was miffed...Oh, Barnes & Noble, whatever shall we do with you? lol

Puck

I didn't notice this but I did notice that the LendMe icon on the nook is overwritten in My B&N Library by the NEW icon. So if you've recently downloaded a lendable book, LendMe doesn't show up until the NEW icon is gone. You can still go to item details and see if "Lend" is an option for the new books though.