Font Sizes?

Thread: Font Sizes?

Tom Sawyer

Default Font Sizes?

Hi I am new here. Love my Nook had it for about a month or so.

The first books I read I used the "Large" size font and it was just perfect. But some books Large does not seem very big at all in comparison. I was reading "Shutter Island" and large seemed small at first but I got used to it. Now I am reading "The Last Song" and large seems too small I have to use it on extra large.
    Why is this? Is it the publisher of the book? the book itself or the Nook? I am nearsighted and really loved the Nook because I could read totally comfortably with Nook on my knee and read from a little further away than an actual book. The smaller Large font tho I have to hold it like a regular book if I do not change it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Default Re: Font Sizes?

Raven, I've experienced the same exact thing with the book I'm currently reading. I wondered whether my font sizes had somehow become goofed up. So I opened another book in my library, and it was just fine.

So I concluded that some books--definitely a minority--come with their own font peculiarities, probably some code that's imbedded in the book file. Or something. . . . =)

You may also notice that while reading some books, you'll have a third font choice. Then it goes away when that book is no longer being read (or maybe when it's archived--not sure which).

In any event, the font sizes for your next book should be what you've grown accustomed to.

Roger Hayes
    -retired federal park ranger
    -writer

Tom Sawyer

thank you.
    I am kinda reading two books now but since I have to change the font back for the other book I guess I will stick to one

I just got a new leather cover and can't wait to read more books.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

I am currently reading "Fatal" by Michael Palmer. The font sizes are different throughout at least the first part of book where I am at now. It goes from the large font I had been used to with the first books I read to the smaller ones...some seem even smaller than the large I had in "Shutter Island". So, now I am back to thinking in some books its more of a mistake than a publisher issue.