things to come

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr. Darcy

Default things to come

William Lynch was just interviewed on Cavuto (Fox Business) and he stated that games would be coming to the nook in the coming weeks. He also announced that the B&N app for the iPad would be ready in 2-weeks. Cavuto kept cutting him off to discuss the iPad but Lynch kept his cool and reminded Neil what the nook actually was...a reading device!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mr. Darcy

Default Re: things to come

Interesting. But is there really a demand for games and stuff? I have a computer for gaming. For me, the nook is all about books. and I like it that way.

Games? On an e-ink screen? Even solitaire would be tedious. William Lynch is smoking something.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Maybe Sudoku. Maybe. I couldn't imagine playing a game on my nook though. I have a Nintendo DS for that! Or a computer. Or my 360...
    twitter: http://www.twitter.com/codefox/
    shout.net/identi.ca: http://ninetail.me/shout/codefox (Join the federated social revolution!)
    blog: http://ninetail.me

I'm not a gamer, but anything that makes the nook more popular is good. The more nook owners, the more BN will dedicate their business to nook users.
    www.twitter.com/decrescenzo

'The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' - Ayn Rand

Puck

I'd like to see a calendar game, or a better dictionary game, or ultimately, a one big library (with better organization) game developed for the nook. I'll play games on my phone if I need to kill time in that manner.

Mowgli

I'll have no interest in games. The biggest thing I want to see them do with the Nook is basically to make it faster. I know 1.2 sped it up quite a bit, but frankly, it's still much slower than the Kindle. Until its speed matches Kindle's, it should be their #1 priority in their software updates.

Regarding the Cavuto interview, it was alright. But Cavuto was hounding Lynch the whole time, repeating that the iPad, as a "competing reading device", blows the Nook out of the water. Lynch told Cavuto that he's confident that the mass of the eReading market will remain loyal to single-use devices like the Nook for their reading because of their quality reading experience that the iPad doesn't offer. Cavuto's response was basically that the iPad's experience is better because when you swipe the screen, it shows the animation of a page turning.

Clearly Cavuto Doesn't understand the eReader market.

Mowgli

I believe most of those Fox News hosts accept emails. You could ask him if you're really that interested.

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Ayesuku
    I'll have no interest in games. The biggest thing I want to see them do with the Nook is basically to make it faster. I know 1.2 sped it up quite a bit, but frankly, it's still much slower than the Kindle. Until its speed matches Kindle's, it should be their #1 priority in their software updates.

Regarding the Cavuto interview, it was alright. But Cavuto was hounding Lynch the whole time, repeating that the iPad, as a "competing reading device", blows the Nook out of the water. Lynch told Cavuto that he's confident that the mass of the eReading market will remain loyal to single-use devices like the Nook for their reading because of their quality reading experience that the iPad doesn't offer. Cavuto's response was basically that the iPad's experience is better because when you swipe the screen, it shows the animation of a page turning.

Clearly Cavuto Doesn't understand the eReader market.
    that's kind of sad to me that the iPad is seen as some big, great e-reader. shouldnt there be more to the thing? from all that i have read it is lacking in areas that most people would want or those who use netbooks and such would want.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210#
    http://cheapereads.blogspot.com/

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by inkonvelvet
    I am terrified that he would explain it to me and then I'd have to cry. Has anyone who really cares about reading spoken of how important the sight of a turning page is to the enjoyment or appreciation of a book's contents?
    Great point! I think Cavuto might be a closet Apple fanboy.
    peace out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast