Cool nook use today. :-) I went to an all day autism thing today...

Mr. Darcy

Default Cool nook use today. :-) I went to an all day autism thing today...

And there were a ton of speakers, including the author of The Out of Sync Child. :-)

Anyway, one of the speakers was discussing a few books he recommends. I had my nook with me (because I take it everywhere) and was able to immediately go out, search for the books, and download the free samples to see if they are books I want to buy.

It was so freaking cool!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Cool nook use today. :-) I went to an all day autism thing today...

I did the same thing at an education conference last month!

Quote Originally Posted by debbi801
    And there were a ton of speakers, including the author of The Out of Sync Child. :-)

Anyway, one of the speakers was discussing a few books he recommends. I had my nook with me (because I take it everywhere) and was able to immediately go out, search for the books, and download the free samples to see if they are books I want to buy.

It was so freaking cool!

That is Cool

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tom Sawyer

What a great idea!!!! I think it's cool that I can go to the bookstore (any bookstore) and do that now, but had not thought about doing so at a conference. Now, I'm going to be trying to find one to go to so I can play!
    If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.-Peanuts

Tiny Tim

I went to BN on Friday to do my update and then cruised around the store looking at books and then adding them to my wish list. I can never remember the names of all the different authors that I like to read but I know where to find them in BN. I added several books to my wishlist and will purchase them as I need them (or when they get to a price that I like )

Tom Sawyer

JUst finished read House Rules by Jodi Piccoult. Hope that was on your reading list!
    Avista