Finally!!!!

Thread: Finally!!!!

Mr. Darcy

Default Finally!!!!

I finally got my nook updated! Tried to sideload the update, but it kept telling me invalid update. Tried my wi-fi at my public library and it was going much too slow.....I was there an hour and it only updated 27%. Finally broke down and drove the 45 minutes to B&N, and had it updated in about 5 minutes. I liked my nook before.....but now I'm IN LOVE with my nook!!!! I have a bag full of library books that I just want to turn in, and order them on my nook instead. This could be a bad thing.....a VERY BAD thing. LOL!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Puck

Default Re: Finally!!!!

The newest update is pretty nice. I had the kids at the library today. I wasn't even tempted to look for something for me to read. The thought of having to hold a heavy book & actually turn the pages. UGG!
    Bethany

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by ashfern
    The newest update is pretty nice. I had the kids at the library today. I wasn't even tempted to look for something for me to read. The thought of having to hold a heavy book & actually turn the pages. UGG!
    I've been thinking that same thing. Even before I got the Nook, I would always dread picking up a huge hardcover book because they were so bulky and uninviting. Can't snuggle up under the covers with a thick book.

Congrats on your update Chrystal!
    Currently Reading:
    A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Next up:
    The Entire Oz Series

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

d'Artagnan

Funny, I finally saw Stephen King's "Under the Dome" at B&N the other day. I was *so* thankful that I was able to read it on my nook instead of hardcover. That would have been a monster to read in bed, woof.
    yay on your update chrystal!
    peace out...

Super Moderator

Congratz on the update! That must have been SO frustrating! I know I am not a particularly patient person when it comes to those things, so I can only imagine how you've been feeling!!

I'm surprised, I'm reading a hardcover DTB book right now, and yeah, it's a little less comfortable and kinda clunky - but I think I'm ok with it because it only cost me $2 versus the $9.99 ebook price point set at B&N. And, if it's a book I like (which so far I really do) I'll be able to lend it to people - more than once. So I guess for me, cash is king, and even though ebooks are really convenient and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my nook, I'm not going to pay 10 bucks for an ebook that I wouldn't even pay for a DTB.
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions