Chat - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chat

Super Moderator

Default Re: Chat

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    you can do both i'm not sure how it works nor if the cam on the comp works (the hingedoesn't) i'm gonna set up skype tomorrow though
    question too - do you happen to have gmail? if so (or even if you don't) you can download Google Talk and I chat on that all the time. it allows you to call people and chat via computer for free too, I used to do that back when I could talk. but you can ignore the call feature and just text chat too. it's a really easy program to use, and I like it, the only downside is I don't think it allows more than one on one conversations. so it wouldn't be good for a group chat.
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

well this lap top sucks apparently andi don't hve the video LOL! sooo i'll def get it on the big computer and chat i'll get it all on there tomorrow so we can talk

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Mad Hatter

So, I'd love to chat (video conference or text)... Here are my questions:

What tool are we using Yahoo IM or Skype or ???

What date/time is our 'date'? We need to say what time zone it is set for.

We'll need each others user ID's.

Donna

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

well thus far i was planning for yahoo, since you can just open one private chat there, April can'tget yahoo, so i'm thinking skype HOWEVER our computer just got hit with a virus from a (un-authorized) ebook DL should've thought twice and we will hve to see what happens there so, bear with me this eveningwhen we get home we're gonna try and get rid of it

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    well thus far i was planning for yahoo, since you can just open one private chat there, April can'tget yahoo, so i'm thinking skype HOWEVER our computer just got hit with a virus from a (un-authorized) ebook DL should've thought twice and we will hve to see what happens there so, bear with me this eveningwhen we get home we're gonna try and get rid of it
    YES! I was talking to my dad and he said Skype is the best thing. We don't need webcams or mics, but we can use them if we want to, and he says if someone wants to use a mic they can, and people can type if they want at the same time too. He says he does it all the time with the people he plays this online game with and it works great. He didn't have a mic (or a cam) for a long time and so he would listen to them talk and then just type in. I don't think they use web cams though, and it sounds like that's not an issue for us either way since a lot of us don't have them or don't want to use them.

Did you ever get your computer fixed Ragdoll? Just let me know the time for the chat and where Ineed to be lol, I've never used Skype before so it will be new to me!! haha I will in the meantime check to see if I need to download anything from the Skype site, so I will be ready when we do want to chat
    Currently reading:
    The Poisoned House - Michael Ford
    Book Challenge 2011 38 bks read of 60

12,724 Pages Read of 12,000

My Shelf Confessions

Thing 2

yes i did, it turnes out my book is fine and bf did it i was thinking of hosting something small for an hour for all who want to come,

i'm not sure if you can do chat rooms on skype

anyone know?

Mad Hatter

Skype conference calling is limited to 25 people and cannot be done with Skype mobile (which I don't think we'd probably have people using): https://support.skype.com/en/search/...&show_all=true

There is also video conferencing: https://support.skype.com/en/search/...&show_all=true

Donna

Thing 2

nice Dee thanks i'll have to look at all that tomorrow i don't have a mic and i think starting with a general chat is better for all i'll post up the thread to let everyone know what time we'll start it up on Sat. if everyone is okay with that go for about an hour (if we don't stop talking)

Having some sort chat box would still be nice. Do you think this is possible, maybe with the new owners it'd be easier?

Maybe we could update the messaging system atleast, to make it a little more user friendly... I might be having a blonde moment, but in the messages there isn't a place where you can look at the messages you've sent...?

Tom Sawyer

Here is a chat software that I have used in the past with a few of the web sites that I hosted.

http://www.tufat.com/s_flash_chat_chatroom.htm
    Author of 'It Waits' (free), 'Dragons Fire and the Brave Little Prince' (.99), 'Rashnar' (free), 'Krae' (.99)
    http://robertyelverton.info
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RMY
    http://www.feedbooks.com/user/127425/profile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12