My Nook is out for delivery today!

Mr. Darcy

Default My Nook is out for delivery today!

I am not a tech-savvy person, but I am so excited to get the Nook, even though it will take me forever to figure it out. I wish it had a 1, 2, 3, step instructions to all parts of it. I need simple directions since I don't speak tech-language, just plain English. But, as long as it takes, I hope I can master it because I love to read and read!

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Default Re: My Nook is out for delivery today!

You really need very little tech knowledge to us e a nook. If you can use a computer you can use the nook. And if you do need help there are plenty of topics around here that will get you started.

Kevin
    NOW READING:

STAR TREK: TNG - INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC
    BY DAVID MCINTEE

I agree the nook is not hard to use. If you do heed help just ask. Everyone in the group will be happy to help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Tiny Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes
    I am not a tech-savvy person, but I am so excited to get the Nook, even though it will take me forever to figure it out. I wish it had a 1, 2, 3, step instructions to all parts of it. I need simple directions since I don't speak tech-language, just plain English. But, as long as it takes, I hope I can master it because I love to read and read!
    Have you had a chance to use it yet? What do you think of it?

Mine's out for delivery this morning. It's really sad, I've been refreshing the UPS page about every five minutes, and even considered driving to the hub it was at yesterday just to get it earlier. Then common sense prevailed. Ok it's been five minutes, *checking* nope, still not here.

Mr. Darcy

I received my Nook and have had several people help me from the tech community on some issues. I just love Nook. I originally thought I was too old-fashioned to give up actually holding and reading a paper book. As an English teacher for many years, I have always been accustomed to making notes in special books and especially those I taught. I won't ever give those away. So, reading without a pen in hand is different, but after today's marathon session, I didn't miss the pen or making notes. I ordered my hubby one for Valentine's Day, and I know he will love his too. We are both avid readers, so our Nooks will be perfect. I think anyone who understands it is technology and uses it that way will enjoy it all the time--any where.

Puck

ahh, the Nook is super easy and very user friendly. i ADORE mine, and i dont miss a "real" book at all
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210#
    http://cheapereads.blogspot.com/

Administrator

Glad to hear that you love your nook!! I would be very surprised if anyone that uses an eReader for a week or so says they like a paper book better. All of us still love paper books to some extent, but an eReader is just so much more convenient!! I hope you have found your way aorund the board and we are happy to have you as part of our community!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Visit the Barnes & Noble Store

Now Reading: As Young as We Feel by Melanie Carlson