Don't read "The Shining" while staying at an old hotel! LOL - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tom Sawyer

Default Re: Don't read "The Shining" while staying at an old hotel! LOL

That's my favorite Stephen King book.

My g-ma's house was big and creepy. It made weird noises and my cousins and I always thought there was a ghost living it.
    Currently Reading:
    Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

2. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Thing 2

Quote Originally Posted by swolf
    I guess that answers my question.

The Overlook Hotel is the name of the hotel in The Shining, and in one of the rooms there's a very nasty looking naked woman.
    oh no i KNOW the hotel name.. i jsutwanted to know what the infamous naked cher was staring at LOL!

[quote author=Klaatu link=topic=6826.msg72577#msg72577 date=1296793819]
    'Stay thirsty, my friends.' [/quote]

Thing 2

also, i have yet to read this book i've always lived in big scary houses during the opprotunity nightmares and dreamscapes was one of my FAVORITE stephen king books

5. Remove Advertisements
    B&N Nook Forum
    Advertisements

Mad Hatter

Cool.

What do you mean by visual contact? Do you actaully see the dog?
    I can see him, but it's not like seeing something/someone through a smokey haze nor is it like he is solid. It is a visualization that is embedded with his spirit.

Let's see if I can give you some examples:

Romulus has been there turning in a circle to nest in our bed next to me when I am sleeping, yet when I go to put my hand on him he isn't there anymore - I don't feel him jump off the bed, but I see his 'presence' walking out of the bedroom into the kitchen and then I don't get the feeling he is there.

Another example is when Warren (hubby) and I were playing around singing/dancing in the greatroom and next thing we both know Romulus is snaking/weaving between our legs like he wanted to join us in our fun. This was actually the first time he visited us. It was so unexpected and joyful, we both started crying. Warren dropped to his knees to try to hug him, but he wasn't there anymore.

Donna

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu
    Yes, those unmade beds are truly terrifying.

Regards,
    Michael
    LOL!
    Why aren't there ghosts who do the dishes and fold the laundry dump the trash and mow the yard?

Seriously though I really think there is a ghost here in this 100 year old house we are re doing. I think its the husband who died years ago of the lady whose estate we bought the house from. Late at night while on the computer and listening to music every once in a while I will see movement just on the edge of my vision. I think he is a happy ghost though as we put in ac and are fixing up his house and lots of family are over all the time.

Back to the original post...I have never read the Shinning, but the first movie really gives me the creeps every time I see it. The second version not so much. But do have to say I will never read or watch the Shinning while staying at an old hotel....
    Living in my own Private Idaho...

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    oh no i KNOW the hotel name.. i jsutwanted to know what the infamous naked cher was staring at LOL!
    Doh! Sorry about that.

And I can't tell you what 'that' was. It would spoil what happened earlier.
    Link to my free books: S.Wolf's Books (Adults only please)

d'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by tbird
    Seriously though I really think there is a ghost here in this 100 year old house we are re doing.
    I've always been curious why it is quite common for paranormal activity to start up after folks start fixing up their house. Why does a ghost/spirit care if a wall gets taken out or if some drywall gets put up?
    peace out...

What do you think? Are readers going to get it, or is it too subtle?
    I got it, and immediately drew terrible pictures in my head. Heh. Then again I'm a huge Stanley Kubrick fan and have watched all his films multiple times. Since The Shining was one of his more successful films you will probably get an "a ha!" from older readers, but perhaps not from younger readers. But don't let that stop you from including it. I think it is a great visual.

Regards,
    Michael
    'Not all who wander are lost.'
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

CURRENTLY READING: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Thing 2

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Knack
    I've always been curious why it is quite common for paranormal activity to start up after folks start fixing up their house. Why does a ghost/spirit care if a wall gets taken out or if some drywall gets put up?
    easy peasy.. your changing their enviornment! how would you feel if you were blind and someone moved your living room around?!
    not happy. haha. i love MOST of the ghosties that i've encountered. believe it or not i had a run in at a newer estate built here
    i've only ever seen this kinda ghost 2 times and boy they scare the bejesus outta me.. you know those death things in harry potter
    yeah if these things had substance that's what theyd look like.
    :hijack:
    okay so new apartments built and like i said ghosties like to follow me around so, i'm staying in a three bedroom apt. pretty much by myself.
    there are others there but they were coming and going. so one day i went to go to bed well i covered my windows my boyfriend at the time
    was sleeping at my place during the day so i had a huge charlotte russe poster over the window. So, ii've fallen asleep one afternoon and woke
    up in the evening with a jolt.. now i don't know if any of yall have seen what blacker than black looks like but it's not pretty there were three
    of these things over me when i woke up *shadowy things not actual people just prescence" i ACTUALLY feared for my life i ran out of the house in my
    sleep clothes almost screaming when i hit the door and realized the things were behindme. i cried when i got to my car cause i realized i actually
    was fearing for my life. one of the scariest experiences ever.. on top of the anxiety.. NOT COOL GHOSTIES

<back on topic>

so how bout that book the shining eh?

Puck

Quote Originally Posted by RagdollvX
    i love MOST of the ghosties that i've encountered. believe it or not i had a run in at a newer estate built here
    i've only ever seen this kinda ghost 2 times and boy they scare the bejesus outta me.. you know those death things in harry potter
    yeah if these things had substance that's what theyd look like.
    Shadow People are creepy! I woke up one night to a short one standing next to the head of my bed. I looked at it & thought it was my son. I asked him what he wanted & he didn't answer me. At that point I realized that the figure was slightly taller than my 3 year old. So, I screamed & pulled the covers over my head.

Usually, I just get a feeling & see movement out of the corner of my eye. Twice I have seen a figure that I can only describe as an angel. Once was in our house as I was getting ready to leave. I walked by the living room and she was standing there. I did a double-take & she was gone. That was the 2nd time I saw her. The first time I was in my car. I did one of those quick glances in the rear-view mirror to check on the kids. She was sitting in the "way back" (3rd row seating) between the kids. When I looked again, she was gone. I did not feel any fear seeing her. That was awhile ago because I was pregnant with #3.
    Bethany

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast